CF card failure

Old August 31st 14, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default CF card failure

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

android:
I OTOH just hit option s! But that's me. ;-)

Sandman:
I save.. "interesting" statements in a nice database:

http://usenet.sandman.net/Quotes

And I have indexed RPD back to 2012-something, which is searchable
he

http://usenet.sandman.net/reader/ind....photo.digital

There was this other guy, in another time and newsgroup that was
obsessed with stuff like that too. Haven't heard from/about him in a
looong time...

Poor guy, obsession sucks. Glad I'm not like that "too".

"We" all know that you are happy happy to be you... "We" hope that that
happy place of yours is well secluded...
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old August 31st 14, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
"Tim Conway" wrote:

"android" wrote in message
In article , PeterN
wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:44 PM, android wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

On 8/28/2014 12:58 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN

wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's
law,
the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend hours
loking for
free program that might or might not solve my problem. The who
process
toook under 15 min, including learning how to use the program. If
you
believe that to be expensive, I feel sorry for you.

then you're inept, among other things.

it takes about a minute or two to find a less expensive option,
including free alternatives. or you could have asked for
suggestions
and quickly had many options.

more importantly, if instead of arguing all the time, you actually
paid
attention to what gets discussed in this newsgroup, you would have
known the name of what is considered to be the best photo recovery
app
available, mentioned in another thread just two months ago, and
it's
about half the price.

I doubt if anyone except the poster would have remembered the name
of
any app that far back.

I'm sure I read it, but what was it?

nosense is just trying to start a tool war over recovery apps. I
won't
bite.
It would be interesting to see if he tries and shows an infrared
interpretation. I am hoping to get more to participate.

I saw nospams recommendation. You could saved some $$$ if you hadn't
so
boldly ignored him. ;-)

I you check I started this thread. His recomendation came too late.
Besides, I got what I needed, when I needed it. It was worth the few
bucks.

Ish! nospam had this posted two months ago. See the above... You didn't
do proper research!! Time si money and you are a chepooo!!!

I am a cheapo because I bought the first program that I thought might
work, after trying the demo. Strange use of the word.

I got one of these http://tinyurl.com/kovct5h one an auctionsite last
night. Almost mint. $22... Can't wait to get it home. No hope that it
actually works though. :-)

Weston is a very reputable brand in its day anyway. You should be fine.

It's a selenium meter that's over fifty years old. The selenium years
out per radiation. Unless it been in a radiation proof box the
background radiation should have taken it out by now. I very exited
though. Great memorelia of them old days. Ansel Adams used rave about
those thingies!
I fine with meters BTW. I have an old LunaPro and I found instructions
on the net on how to calibrate it for modern batteries, so it works fine
now.
Old August 31st 14, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

android:
I OTOH just hit option s! But that's me. ;-)

Sandman:
I save.. "interesting" statements in a nice database:

http://usenet.sandman.net/Quotes

And I have indexed RPD back to 2012-something, which is
searchable he

http://usenet.sandman.net/reader/ind....photo.digital

android:
There was this other guy, in another time and newsgroup that was
obsessed with stuff like that too. Haven't heard from/about him
in a looong time...

Sandman:
Poor guy, obsession sucks. Glad I'm not like that "too".

"We" all know that you are happy happy to be you... "We" hope that
that happy place of yours is well secluded...

Are the voices in your head bothering you again, huh? That must suck worse
than being as obsessed as your "friend".

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 31st 14, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , android wrote:

[...]

I thought the "voices" were at your place! ;-p And no, it was not a
"friend". ;-@
Old August 31st 14, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Whisky-dave:
if anyone says anything intresting, informative
or just funny, I save the relavent text in a gmail draft that
I can hopefully search through in the future. Currently I have
755 drafts....

android:
I OTOH just hit option s! But that's me. ;-)

Sandman:
I save.. "interesting" statements in a nice database:

http://usenet.sandman.net/Quotes

I would keep that list under wraps if I were you.

Why?

But I suppose now it will turn up under Google. :-(

Uh, Google already index everything on usenet.

The Goog wanna keep that madness (not the band) copyrighted theirs.
Old August 31st 14, 10:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 31 Aug 2014 05:02:54 GMT, Sandman wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Whisky-dave:
if anyone says anything intresting, informative
or just funny, I save the relavent text in a gmail draft that
I can hopefully search through in the future. Currently I have
755 drafts....

android:
I OTOH just hit option s! But that's me. ;-)

Sandman:
I save.. "interesting" statements in a nice database:

http://usenet.sandman.net/Quotes

I would keep that list under wraps if I were you.

Why?

But I suppose now it will turn up under Google. :-(

Uh, Google already index everything on usenet.

But it doesn't necessarily order or collate it.

Eric Stevens
Old August 31st 14, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

On 31 Aug 2014 05:02:54 GMT, Sandman wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Whisky-dave:
if anyone says anything intresting, informative
or just funny, I save the relavent text in a gmail draft that
I can hopefully search through in the future. Currently I have
755 drafts....

android:
I OTOH just hit option s! But that's me. ;-)

Sandman:
I save.. "interesting" statements in a nice database:

http://usenet.sandman.net/Quotes

I would keep that list under wraps if I were you.

Why?

But I suppose now it will turn up under Google. :-(

Uh, Google already index everything on usenet.

But it doesn't necessarily order or collate it.

I don't think that you can assume that the Goog reveals all the research
that they conduct on data that they gather on the nets. Nor that all
search result are fully accurate in respect to the users search term.
Old September 1st 14, 05:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:15:45 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

[...]

I think it's steadily getting worse and now is bordering on useless.

Oh for the days of Deja Vu.

Eric Stevens
Old September 1st 14, 06:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Eric Stevens wrote:

On 31 Aug 2014 05:02:54 GMT, Sandman wrote:

http://dejanews.com/ ;-ppp
Old September 1st 14, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

Sandman:
Poor guy, obsession sucks. Glad I'm not like that
"too".

android:
"We" all know that you are happy happy to be you... "We" hope
that that happy place of yours is well secluded...

Sandman:
Are the voices in your head bothering you again, huh? That must
suck worse than being as obsessed as your "friend".

I thought the "voices" were at your place! ;-p And no, it was not a
"friend". ;-@

This has got be a runner up to the Worst Comeback Ever contest of 1979.

--
Sandman[.net]