HP printer printing too light

Old April 29th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MikeM

Default HP printer printing too light

I have been using my HP Photosmart 3110 since last year. Until
recently There hasn't been a problem but now it prints everything a
bit light. It works out ok if the image is a bit dark but any images
that are bright on the monitor print to light. I think I have tried
using all possible settings but nothing chnages.
Old April 29th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jer

MikeM wrote:
I have been using my HP Photosmart 3110 since last year. Until
recently There hasn't been a problem but now it prints everything a
bit light. It works out ok if the image is a bit dark but any images
that are bright on the monitor print to light. I think I have tried
using all possible settings but nothing chnages.

Have you replaced the ink wells?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old April 29th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
XxYyZz

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have been using my HP Photosmart 3110 since last year. Until
recently There hasn't been a problem but now it prints everything a
bit light. It works out ok if the image is a bit dark but any images
that are bright on the monitor print to light. I think I have tried
using all possible settings but nothing chnages.

Have you calibrated the monitor ? Is the printer running low on ink ?

Old April 30th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sharon

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have been using my HP Photosmart 3110 since last year. Until
recently There hasn't been a problem but now it prints everything a
bit light. It works out ok if the image is a bit dark but any images
that are bright on the monitor print to light. I think I have tried
using all possible settings but nothing chnages.

Others have already asked if you've changed the ink cartridges. Assuming
you've done that and it's still printing light, the print head might be
wearing out.

Sharon

Old May 1st 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MikeM

Most of the cartridges were changed recently. I uninstalled the
printer and reinstalled from scratch, no different. I recalibrated the
monitor, but my Epson C59 that I usually ise for printed documents
prints the colours ok, though not quite as bright as the colours were
on the mnitor before I recalibrated it.