Color Science

Old November 9th 18, 10:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Color Science

On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 16:01:28 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Nov 8, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 02:42:27 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 23:37:36 UTC, Savageduck wrote:
On Nov 7, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

Something on-topic for a change: U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...&fbclid=IwAR37
9NIe
scWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

It just shows that most (not all) of us are biased in justifying, and
reinforcing the choices we made when making camera purchase decisions.

And it's not just photography it goes for many things in life.
I notice it in politics even though I've tried to aviod the US mid-terms
elections I've noticed it, I guess I need to be quicker on the draw.. that
is in changing channels.

That said, I have few complaints with my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and
while two years ago, I was second guessing myself by not going with a
D500, I
am more than happy with my X-T3.

...and thanks for posting something on topic. ;-)

I wonder what camera Trump would chose :-D

A Pratchett?

Naah! A Zorki.

http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?1136145551

I think he would like the little man inside the camera painting the
picture to order. :-)

Eric Stevens
Old November 9th 18, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...d=IwAR37 9NIe
scWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

It just shows that most (not all) of us are biased in justifying, and
reinforcing the choices we made when making camera purchase decisions.

That said, I have few complaints with my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and
while two years ago, I was second guessing myself by not going with a D500, I
am more than happy with my X-T3.

...and thanks for posting something on topic. ;-)

Clearly, the Canon whores, Nikon wannabes, Sony
upstarts, Fuji pretenders and similar have
contrived a CABAL against Olympus.

The presenter in that video is obviously a pro,
about which no more need be said!
Old November 9th 18, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 9, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
(in ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfC...clid=IwAR37 9
NIe
scWYXY09k0OCP5UuDIZ7sgmAt-socH7vuf-FFuwzOcpWqeg3VvI
or http://tinyurl.com/y9f6zbxw

I know someone who will like this. :-)

It just shows that most (not all) of us are biased in justifying, and
reinforcing the choices we made when making camera purchase decisions.

That said, I have few complaints with my move from Nikon to Fujifilm, and
while two years ago, I was second guessing myself by not going with a D500,
I am more than happy with my X-T3.

...and thanks for posting something on topic. ;-)

Clearly, the Canon whores, Nikon wannabes, Sony
upstarts, Fuji pretenders and similar have
contrived a CABAL against Olympus.

The reality is Northrup probably used a Olympus PEN to take all of the test
shots, and just tweaked the WB a bit for each one, then labeled the prints
Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Fujifilm. For that test it didn’t really matter
which cameras were used, as the test had nothing to do with color.

The presenter in that video is obviously a pro,
about which no more need be said!

By “pro” do you mean whore?

Savageduck

Old November 10th 18, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

wrote:

[...]

By pro do you mean whore?

Could be, but I meant snake-oiler and
carpetbagger.
Old November 10th 18, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I don't think I've ever seen "snake-oiler" before. The term is
usually "snake oil salesman" referring to someone who sells worthless
products. In fact, snake oil is an ancient Chinese remedy for sore
joints and really was effective. The Chinese product was made from
the Chinese water snake and is rich in omega-3 acids that reduce
inflammation. The Chinese who came to America to work on building our
railroads introduced the product to us, but various makers of patent
medicines bottled worthless substitutes and sold it. Often the patent
medicines were sold by traveling salesmen from the back of their
wagon.

http://animacenter.org/blog/wp-conte...agon-72dpi.jpg

A "carpetbagger" was a term for northerners who went to the south
after our Civil War to profit from the reconstruction of the south.
They often carried a valise - a small suitcase - made from carpet
because carpet was a sturdy material.

It's also used to describe politicians who run for office in an area
that is not local to them.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida