Hacks as professional photographer's worst nightmares?

Old July 16th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
DSLR-Troll Alert!

Default Hacks as professional photographer's worst nightmares?

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:52:10 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

I'm not a pro photog, but I feel for the ones having their business/
profession "diseased" by these people.
Hilarious letter to Amateur Photographer magazine for July 11th. Guy
shows up at a wedding (a pro photo) with a bridge camera and a P&S!
Produces crap of course, much to the chagrin of the victims. That's
what you get for being a lazy, casual slob when it comes to
photography. But the P&S camera did fit in his pocket, I guess.

Here is a copy of the letter:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...18476/original

You DSLR-Trolls sure are desperate. If I was as insecure as you I could
waste my time and surf the net to find 10X's as many examples of
snapshooting DSLR owners just as bad, if not worse.

If you had read the article properly, you'd find out that the photographer
didn't exercise any techniques that even the most novice of beginners would
do, no matter what camera they were using. It's not the cameras he used at
all. He's a typical snapshooter, just like you are, no doubt. Just like any
DSLR owner, they think if they buy an expensive camera it automatically
turns them into a pro. Like you, no matter what camera is in your hands,
you'll still **** it up.

Old July 16th 09, 08:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Martin Brown

wrote:

I'm not a pro photog, but I feel for the ones having their business/
profession "diseased" by these people.
Hilarious letter to Amateur Photographer magazine for July 11th. Guy
shows up at a wedding (a pro photo) with a bridge camera and a P&S!

The camera doesn't make that much difference provided it is half way
decent. It is the brain behind the camera that matters. RichA would not
understand this because he lacks one of these useful appendages.

Produces crap of course, much to the chagrin of the victims. That's
what you get for being a lazy, casual slob when it comes to
photography. But the P&S camera did fit in his pocket, I guess.

When I am a wedding guest I carry an unobstrusive pocketable P&S. I am
expert at snapping candid shots and stealing views of the photographers
setup poses without ever getting in his way. I always ask first if he
minds and stay well back.

The guy moaning in the article should have been able to steal a shot of
any poses without being quite so in your face about it to the professional.

Here is a copy of the letter:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...18476/original

You DSLR-Trolls sure are desperate. If I was as insecure as you I could
waste my time and surf the net to find 10X's as many examples of
snapshooting DSLR owners just as bad, if not worse.

It is odd. But even pros have bad days. I have been in the position of
shooting a wedding video for my own amusement at a friends wedding that
turned out considerably better than the official one. I have a very
steady hand and chose my line of sight carefully to catch the whole
ceremony.

If you had read the article properly, you'd find out that the photographer
didn't exercise any techniques that even the most novice of beginners would
do, no matter what camera they were using. It's not the cameras he used at
all. He's a typical snapshooter, just like you are, no doubt.

Weddings require the special skill of making the bride look great and
bossing large crowds of semi-inebriated guests around in various
permutations. I would not want to do a wedding photographers job but I
have been a second camera a few times catching backup shots of big
groups, informal views of guests and bridesmaids.

Just like any
DSLR owner, they think if they buy an expensive camera it automatically
turns them into a pro. Like you, no matter what camera is in your hands,
you'll still **** it up.

Another common amateur mistake is to use unfamiliar kit on the big day.

I don't have any particular affiliation to SLR or P&S I have both and
have had since the days of small high quality 35mm P&S film cameras. I
luckily avoided the illfated APS junk and went straight to Ixus digital.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Photo_System

I had some pretty good wedding shots on that humble 2MP Ixus too.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old July 16th 09, 09:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

DSLR-Troll Alert! wrote:
RichA

I'm not a pro photog, but I feel for the ones having their business/
profession "diseased" by these people.
Hilarious letter to Amateur Photographer magazine for July 11th. Guy
shows up at a wedding (a pro photo) with a bridge camera and a P&S!
Produces crap of course, much to the chagrin of the victims. That's
what you get for being a lazy, casual slob when it comes to
photography. But the P&S camera did fit in his pocket, I guess.

Here is a copy of the letter:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...18476/original

You DSLR-Trolls sure are desperate. If I was as insecure as you

.... then you would be jumping on every perceived criticism of P&S cameras
and posting your crap again and again in a desperate attempt to get
somebody, anybody, to believe you.

--
Ray Fischer

Old July 16th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
DSLR-Troll Alert!

On 16 Jul 2009 08:01:44 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

DSLR-Troll Alert! wrote:
RichA

I'm not a pro photog, but I feel for the ones having their business/
profession "diseased" by these people.
Hilarious letter to Amateur Photographer magazine for July 11th. Guy
shows up at a wedding (a pro photo) with a bridge camera and a P&S!
Produces crap of course, much to the chagrin of the victims. That's
what you get for being a lazy, casual slob when it comes to
photography. But the P&S camera did fit in his pocket, I guess.

Here is a copy of the letter:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...18476/original

You DSLR-Trolls sure are desperate. If I was as insecure as you

... then you would be jumping on every perceived criticism of P&S cameras
and posting your crap again and again in a desperate attempt to get
somebody, anybody, to believe you.

Awww... is one of the leading DSLR-Trolls upset about a DSLR-slam?

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Here, go read this http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml
It'll get your mind off of your insecurities and ****-poor choices in life.

Old July 16th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

DSLR-Troll Alert! wrote:
(Ray Fischer) wrote:
DSLR-Troll Alert! wrote:
RichA

I'm not a pro photog, but I feel for the ones having their business/
profession "diseased" by these people.
Hilarious letter to Amateur Photographer magazine for July 11th. Guy
shows up at a wedding (a pro photo) with a bridge camera and a P&S!
Produces crap of course, much to the chagrin of the victims. That's
what you get for being a lazy, casual slob when it comes to
photography. But the P&S camera did fit in his pocket, I guess.

Here is a copy of the letter:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...18476/original

You DSLR-Trolls sure are desperate. If I was as insecure as you

... then you would be jumping on every perceived criticism of P&S cameras
and posting your crap again and again in a desperate attempt to get
somebody, anybody, to believe you.

Awww... is one of the leading DSLR-Trolls upset about a DSLR-slam?

You sure are desperate to believe in your cult.

--
Ray Fischer

Old July 16th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Peter Chant[_2_]

Ray Fischer wrote:

You sure are desperate to believe in your cult.

Hmm, I presume you have sell your SLR and the leader gets to borrow all your
memory cards whenever he likes.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old July 17th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:53:01 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

If you had read the article properly, you'd find out that the photographer
didn't exercise any techniques that even the most novice of beginners would
do, no matter what camera they were using. It's not the cameras he used at
all. He's a typical snapshooter, just like you are, no doubt.

Weddings require the special skill of making the bride look great and
bossing large crowds of semi-inebriated guests around in various
permutations. I would not want to do a wedding photographers job but I
have been a second camera a few times catching backup shots of big
groups, informal views of guests and bridesmaids.

You're wasting your time replying to and trying to reason with the
ng's resident anti-DSLR sock puppet troll. Here's what it had to
say about wedding photography just over two years posting in r.p.d.
using the temp. nym TryinToHelp

You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by listening to the #1
Photography Rule of all:

THE #1 of all #1 Photography Rules

NEVER shoot ANY wedding. Not even a king's, queen's nor president's wedding.
Shooting ANY wedding is about as low in the photography-career slum-gutter as
you will ever get. They are best left to those that are young, are just
learning, and don't even have basic common sense.

Old July 17th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
LOL at ASSAR-THE-TROLL

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:03:26 -0400, ASAAR wrote:

[...]

LOL ... ASSAR _must_ be a woman. No man in the world would go back 2 years
to try find something to throw into an argument, which may or may not even
be factual.

ROFLMAO!

I wonder how many hours or days of her life she wasted poring through tomes
and tomes of saved comments. LOL!!!!! Oh, too funny! LOL

ASSAR, The-can't-even-stalk-anyone-properly,-Shemale-Troll.

LOL!

Oh the humor! Make them stop! LOL!

Old July 19th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Juarez[_2_]

DSLR-Troll Alert! wrote:

Awww... is one of the leading DSLR-Trolls upset about a DSLR-slam?

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Yea, a talented photographer can make good photography with any camera.
I have a DSLR but I also alway carry around a small compact P&S with me
for the times I see something I want to photograph and am not lugging
around the DSLR. I'm never without a camera thanks to my Nikon Coolpix
that fits in my pocket with ease.