[OT} first rule of usenet (Was: [SI] Special category: Kodachrome)

Old July 9th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ASAAR

Default [OT} first rule of usenet (Was: [SI] Special category: Kodachrome)

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:30:10 +1000, Troy Piggins wrote:

The first rule of Usenet is that the person who makes the claim has to
provide the proof.

I thought the first rule of usenet is, you don't talk about
usenet.

Of course. Why talk when a rant will do.

Old July 10th 09, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Stormin Mormon

I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old July 10th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

You Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah. It's to not top post!

Or respond often to loons like noons.

--
lsmft
Old July 10th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-07-10 10:35:29 -0700, John McWilliams said:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a discussion, you
insult the other person and compare him (her) to Adolf Hitler.

You Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah. It's to not top post!

Or respond often to loons like noons.

Agreed, but sometimes certain Noonish things need to be addressed, and
in that sense he can be provocative enough to be deemed trollish.

Savageduck

Old July 10th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The Wiz

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:01:51 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

Except in those rare cases where the needing to explain how Hitler's
mindless followers were the root cause of all problems, not Hitler. That
simple fact being genuine and true to prove them all wrong. Hitler was
never the problem, it was all those mindless followers that created him.
Just like all mindless, frightened, and lost followers always create even
more mindless leaders to voice their mindless opinions for them. Safe in
their woobie-blanket* of mass-hysteria nonsense that didn't change their
fears and insecurities one iota.

*(woobie-blanket -- n. small piece of soft and often badly soiled and
tattered cloth, carried by a frightened child for a false sense of security
during their early development)

Did I say "rare" up there? Ooops.

"There are none so lost as those who follow." ~caMel~

Hitler is just the results of people like that, never the cause. You're
blaming the horse's-ass for leading your cart down the wrong road. Now
who's the real horse's-ass.

****ed-up followers are fun to jerk around. They're already hopelessly
lost, so why not use them for something worthwhile. Entertainment!

Old July 10th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

wrote:

I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

Except in those rare cases where [ ... ] I say [ ... ] something
worthwhile.
Entertainment!

The First Rule of Usnet :

"It is what it is".

Depending on what your definition of "is" is.

"There are some people it is our duty to annoy."
-- Lord Reith

--
Frank ess

Old July 10th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_28_]

* Stormin Mormon wrote :
I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

No, that's Godwin's Law

--
Troy Piggins
Old July 10th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-07-10 15:08:57 -0700, Troy Piggins said:

* Stormin Mormon wrote :
I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

No, that's Godwin's Law

All we have to do now is throw Bernie Ecclestone & Max Mosley into this mix.
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...418046,00.html

Savageduck

Old July 11th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Frank ess wrote:
The Wiz wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

Except in those rare cases where [ ... ] I say [ ... ] something
worthwhile.
Entertainment!

The First Rule of Usnet :

"It is what it is".

Depending on what your definition of "is" is.

IS... trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient,
cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

;-)

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old July 11th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

Paul Furman wrote:
Frank ess wrote:
The Wiz wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought the first rule is that when you're losing a
discussion, you insult the other person and compare him
(her) to Adolf Hitler.

Except in those rare cases where [ ... ] I say [ ... ] something
worthwhile.
Entertainment!

The First Rule of Usnet :

"It is what it is".

Depending on what your definition of "is" is.

IS... trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind,
obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

;-)

Excellent!

And quite a relief: it was beginning to look as if Usenet had become a
safety valve for inadequate personalities.

--
Frank ess