a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres

Old May 5th 10, 05:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

Default a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres (link fix)

"Neil Harrington" wrote in message
Chris H wrote:
In message , Neil
Harrington writes

"Peter" wrote in message
"Neil Harrington" wrote in message

But again, they have EXACTLY the same rights, the same "equal
protection under the law" as everyone else. The issue is whether
they should be given some new "right" that didn't exist before,
and a redefinition of "marriage" to mean something it didn't
mean before. It is this desire to corrupt the language, and to
trash an important concept in traditional values, that is
bothersome.

You would have a stronger argument if you wanted to deny giving a
gay person a driver's license, except for business driving. I
most States driving is a privilege, not a civil right.

I'm not getting into any narrowly defined "civil rights." I'm
saying that homosexuals, generally speaking, should have exactly
the same rights as heterosexuals (or people with no sexual
preference at all), and I would include a driver's license among
such rights.
I completely agree. Such rights include the right to participate in
medical decisions with a partner, the right to inherit from a life
partner and the right to visit a sick partner in a hospital, the
right to co-won a home and obtain a joint mortgage, and the right
to be a co-tenant under a lease. Did you notice I made a similar
statement earlier.

The rights are exactly the same for all, yes. This is as it should
be. No need to create any special "rights" for any group, nor should
that ever be done. I'm glad we agree on this.

SO we can relax the recent restriction that some people put on the
word "marriage" in recent years. So all groups get the same rights.

All groups already have the same rights, yes. They have for quite some
time now. So that's all settled.

No. The gays don't have the right to divorce. (among many other things) So
your contention that they have equal rights denies the facts. This has been
pointed out to you several times before now. Why don't you admit it?

Old May 5th 10, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 4 May 2010 19:50:27 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

At least you have a home, since many of your political brothers are also
atheists, and tolerant of same. But I am truly a, "Man without a
country". My conservative heroes, like Rush, are intolerant of atheists,
and insult us on a regular basis.

That says it all: Rush, the entertainer, by his onw admission - hero -
great oxymoron. \begin sarcastic tag You have really proven your ability
to think and analyze. \end sarcastic tag

Ho hum.....Kill the messenger.....So what else is new? Tell you what,
Jack....When you can make 10% as much money as Rush makes every year in your
entire life, then you can reasonably afford to disparage him....Otherwise, I
believe I'll just go with his stuff, pal......

So your standard for believability is annual income.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old May 5th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

On 2010-05-04 07:32:36 -0700, "Neil Harrington"
said:

I am not really a Rush fan myself, don't often listen to him, but
I'm thankful for him anyway. Like Ann Coulter (whose column I read
faithfully every Thursday), he drives leftist-liberals nuts,
infuriating them all the
more by raking in millions while aggravating them.

Ann is really much better at it, though. She gets the liberals
foaming at the mouth, jumping up and down and flapping their arms,
which is a delight
to see.

However much of what she sprouts is so off the wall, one can only be
left scratching one's head in bewilderment.

But she is one good looking woman.

Even better looking is Monica Crowley. She's usually on O'Reilly's show
Tuesdays, doing the good fight against the liberal Alan Colmes -- who is
actually her brother-in-law, though this is rarely mentioned.

Monica is also a regular on The McLaughlin Group, weekends. (I get it
Sundays on a couple of different channels, though I understand it's
Saturdays elsewhere. These are PBS channels and evidently each station
arranges its own schedule.)

Monica is really a knockout, as well as being very knowledgeable,
articulate and quick on her feet in an argument. Try to catch her some
weekend.

She also does a regular column Wednesdays in the Washington Times.

Trying to get liberals to actually give some credence to a conservative is a
complete waste of time, Neil. "If it appears on Fox News, it has to be
wrong," is their battle cry. Actually listening to what is said, and
refuting any part of it, is beyond their comprehension.

Old May 5th 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:15 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

Some States have tried to ban driving with the face covered, but political
pleasure from Muslims has prevented such enactment. While not wishing ill on
anybody, it will take some major accident to give the political courage to
enact a ban that will prevent more such accidents. I am waiting to see what
happens if they commit a traffic violation and the driver refuses to unveil.

I have not seen anything to that effect. Some Departments of Motor
Vehicles - including some in Florida, the one I live in - have tried
to require that a woman cannot wear a burqa or niqab when being
photographed for her driver's license. The driver's license photo is
supposed to be a form of identification, and the burqa or niqab
conceals the identity.

One woman in Florida - Sultaana Freeman - obtained a Florida driver's
license with a photo of her in niqab, but her license was later
suspended pending a new photograph of her with her face exposed.

There is no law in Florida that prevents her from driving while
wearing a niqab, though. First, though, she has to get a license.

As David Littleboy pointed out in another post, the law can be
circular.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old May 5th 10, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
David J. Littleboy

wrote:

[...]

I didn't point out that law can be circular (something I don't think at
all), I pointed out that what you said was circular.

Every legal document I've ever seen has been very good about defining its
terms clearly and without circularity.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old May 5th 10, 08:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Chris H

In message , Peter
writes
"Neil Harrington" wrote in message news:d8adnYxyXdr593
Peter wrote:

Marriages should always be gay, and in my experience they generally
are. Lots of rice throwing, a bouquet tossing, and reception
afterward with pretty girls in pastel dresses lining up to be
photographed with the principals etc., then eating, drinking and
dancing afterward. Nothing could be gayer than all that, none of the
gay people are denied anything and it all works out very well.

It was not so long ago that being gay meant just that. This PC business
can drive you nuts.

Elucidate

Old May 5th 10, 11:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"Peter" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Neil Harrington" wrote in message

Boo ****ing hoo. You seem to believe that a religion should be a
malleable thing that should change this way or that according to
whatever is in vogue at the time. Assuming there really were such an
entity as the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God, you think He would feel it
that important to stay in fashion?

But they do change. Even the Bible has been rewritten several times over
the years. And no sects of Christianity have remained the same over the
years....They have all loosened up to accommodate the modern mores.

Excuse me sir!
The Bible has not changed in over 5,000 years. There are millions of the
Jewish faith who agree with that statement. You may believe otherwise,
but you must recognize my beliefs in the interest of intellectual
honesty.

--
Peter

Are you telling me that, "King James" is over 5000 years old? Give me a
break! Every time I go in a motel room I look up my favorite bible quote
(Ecc. 10: 19) to see if it has been removed, and I don't believe I have
ever read it the same way twice.....It has probably been completely
removed by now......

I don't accept that document as the Bible. Read my subsequent comments.

--
Peter

Old May 5th 10, 11:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"Peter" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

Yes, and our government has defined marriage, so all non-felons should
be allowed to participate in it. snip

In what State are felons not permitted to marry?

--
Peter

I was speaking of the general fact that constitutional rights are
available to all non felons......

Exactly where in the Constitution does it say that felons lose their rights.
And which rights are you talking about. Aside from possibly some under the
Second Amendment, which has never been tested?

Marriage is, or at least should be, a constitutional right, since the
government has added it to their IRS form 1040......

We agree in result, not the reasoning. In this case I don't give a damn
about your rationale, or lack thereof.

--
Peter

Old May 5th 10, 11:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"Peter" wrote in message
"Bill Graham" wrote in message

At least you have a home, since many of your political brothers are also
atheists, and tolerant of same. But I am truly a, "Man without a
country". My conservative heroes, like Rush, are intolerant of atheists,
and insult us on a regular basis.

That says it all: Rush, the entertainer, by his onw admission - hero -
great oxymoron. \begin sarcastic tag You have really proven your
ability to think and analyze. \end sarcastic tag

Ho hum.....Kill the messenger.....So what else is new? Tell you what,
Jack....When you can make 10% as much money as Rush makes every year in
your entire life, then you can reasonably afford to disparage
him....Otherwise, I believe I'll just go with his stuff, pal......

So you worship his wallet. At least you're consistent.
BTW Oprah makes far more. According to your own reasoning, you should adopt
her politics.

--
Peter

Old May 5th 10, 11:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Peter[_7_]

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
Bill's religion, worship of his wallet, forces him to stay in that group.

--
Peter

Keeping what I earned by sweating and saving for over 40 years is wrong? -
Stuff it, pal........

I am not your pal. You have zero sense of social responsibility.

--
Peter