&&&...digital SLR and IR filter...&&&

Old April 19th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
van dark

Default &&&...digital SLR and IR filter...&&&

I own camera NIKON D50, D200 and CANON 400D. If I use an IR filter, my
cameras doesn´t able measure a correct exposure. The exposure is always
deeply under correct value.
Any suggestion, please?
rene
Old April 19th 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter Chant[_4_]

van dark wrote:

I own camera NIKON D50, D200 and CANON 400D. If I use an IR filter, my
cameras doesn´t able measure a correct exposure. The exposure is always
deeply under correct value.
Any suggestion, please?
rene

Work out by how much and use exposure compensation?

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old April 20th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:27:26 +0200, van dark
wrote:

I own camera NIKON D50, D200 and CANON 400D. If I use an IR filter, my
cameras doesn´t able measure a correct exposure. The exposure is always
deeply under correct value.
Any suggestion, please?
rene

They were posted to your similar post in r.p.d.

Old April 20th 10, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
van dark

without filter: 100ISO - f/2.8 - 1/30
with IR filter: 1600ISO - f/2.8 - 2"

Old April 20th 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

van dark wrote:
I own camera NIKON D50, D200 and CANON 400D. If I use an IR filter, my
cameras doesn´t able measure a correct exposure. The exposure is always
deeply under correct value.
Any suggestion, please?
rene

Use a NC filter (neutral clear). You don't need IR for digital.
I never heard of this problem though.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old April 20th 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter[_7_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
van dark wrote:
I own camera NIKON D50, D200 and CANON 400D. If I use an IR filter, my
cameras doesn´t able measure a correct exposure. The exposure is always
deeply under correct value.
Any suggestion, please?
rene

Use a NC filter (neutral clear). You don't need IR for digital.
I never heard of this problem though.

I had my Coolpix converted to IR by removing the IR filter. It gives
interesting BW effects. I would like to try imitating IR color effects, but
have not been able to figure that one out.
Any suggestions, besides the life pixel conversions.

--
Peter