Nikon is backwards

Old February 5th 19, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Nikon is backwards

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If you had been the innocent party, how nay of these could your
driving skills enabled yo to have avoided?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52L6jGdSkY

a good driver could have avoided most, if not all of those.

it's never a good idea to proceed into the path of an oncoming vehicle,
regardless of the colour of the light.

If you can see it coming but not if it is hidden behind other traffic.

even then.

Precognition?

no.

defensive driving.
Old February 5th 19, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 01:10:58 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:
If someone runs into me that's not my problem.

It depends what they are driving.

not really. even a small vehicle will cause damage, possible injuries,
and a potential lawsuit, depending on why that someone ran into him.

Perhaps what is meant here is the difernce between colliding with a cyclist
and sonmeone ibn a 22 wheels juggernaut, there is a differnce.
As experinced by many in London and near my closest station.

a cyclist could put a dent in a vehicle, making it his problem, and
being on a bicycle, would likely be injured and seek compensation,
making it an even bigger problem.
Old February 5th 19, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If you had been the innocent party, how nay of these could your
driving skills enabled yo to have avoided?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52L6jGdSkY

nay? yo? Speak English. And by being aware of what's happening in my mirrors.

Are your mirrors adjusted to give sideways views?

no need for a mirror for sideways views.
Old February 5th 19, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:33:54 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 21:57:51 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 07:30:32 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 23:47:26 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:27:45 -0000, Alan Browne

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year, £100 a
year is a small price to pay for:

Hmm, for someone who moans about the price of everything, that seems a
strange thing to write.

It's only the cost of 2 tanks of petrol. And I buy way more than 2 tanks a year.

1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.

I wear mine and it's no annoyance to lean forward.

Then you must lean very slowly. Are you one of those annoying buggers who sits at junctions for ages, not pulling out when there's enough room for a bus?

2) Not having to put the ****ing thing off and on every time I get to
and out of my car.

A few seconds effort for added crash safety.

Safety is for pussies, and people who can't drive properly. I have never managed to crash enough to cause myself an injury.

So you have crashed.

But a seatbelt was not helpful. Everybody has a few dents and scrapes in car parks. I did knock the front end off a tractor once, but I didn't need a belt for that either.

You sound like a clumsy driver.

He turned right (read that as left if you're in America) without indicating, while I was overtaking him.
Old February 5th 19, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:34:40 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 21:57:01 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 07:32:12 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 23:50:17 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 23:12:35 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 15:42:04 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2019-01-31 20:20, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:24:39 -0600, Bill W
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 08:17:57 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2019-01-30 17:55, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 01:05:49 -0000, Alan Browne

I'd rather have it. Never know. Didn't cost anything to get fixed.

Airbags, like seatbelts, cause as much harm as good. I never wear a
seatbelt unless there's a cop nearby. My friend's father died because
he was trapped by his seatbelt in an accident. They're also damn
annoying - whenever you lean forwards at a junction to see if any
traffic is coming, the damn thing locks! Then you've got to slowly lean
back and forwards again, trying to encourage it to believe you weren't
thrown forwards in an accident.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Yeah, mostly, but even though you're replying to a troll, he's partly
right about the belts locking in some cars. It's the way some are
designed, and you sometimes have to push yourself back in the seat to
release them. He's certainly right about "annoying".

My Honda does that. You get used to it.

Some years ago I blacked out while driving another Honda Legend and
went straight on under cruise control at 60mph into a tree. At the

Why did you black out?

Basically, incorrect medication for high blood pressure.

There is no medication for that, in fact I wonder if we should be treating it at all. Who's to say what's "too high"? Apparently one third of Americans have "high blood pressure" - I refuse to believe 1 in 3 people have faulty bodies. Mine is something over 120. The cardiologist's eyes almost popped out and he said it was very dangerous, then proceeded to give me four separate medications for it, all at full dosage, none of which had the slightest effect. I stopped taking them after three years when I felt no different and the readings were almost identical.

Would you feel the ame if your blood pressure was 220/180?

Yikes! Wouldn't that have killed you already?

Anyway, if it was caused by whatever's causing mine, the drugs still wouldn't work.

Some drugs almost certainly would.

They've tried 4 different high blood pressure pills, none did anything. Alcohol and marijuana are better.
Old February 5th 19, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:36:30 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 21:56:12 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 07:32:58 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 01:19:06 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

wrote:

On 2019-01-30 17:55, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

first contact the safetybelt pulled tight. I didn't even move far
enough forward to reach the airbag. I was badly bruised but not
otherwise hurt. After an experience like that you tend to value seat
belts which care about your safety.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/97mrg4m039..._0104.JPG?dl=0

Most people don't black out for no reason.

There was a reason which was quickly dealt with.

That doesn't negate what I just said. Most of us don't have a problem with maintaining consciousness. If you do, you should reconsider your ability to drive. Do the DVLA (or whatever it is on your country) know you have this medical condition?

They know all the details, and I am still driving.

You actually told them? Why?

Mainly so I could keep my license. They knew all about the accident
and asked me why I should still be allowed to drive. So I told them.

Why would they care about an accident which only involved you? The authorities didn't even care about me destroying that tractor as soon as they knew nobody was injured. They said let the insurance companies deal with it.
Old February 5th 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:27:45 -0000, Alan Browne

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year, £100 a
year is a small price to pay for:

Hmm, for someone who moans about the price of everything, that seems a
strange thing to write.

It's only the cost of 2 tanks of petrol. And I buy way more than 2
tanks a year.
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.

I wear mine and it's no annoyance to lean forward.

Then you must lean very slowly. Are you one of those annoying buggers
who sits at junctions for ages, not pulling out when there's enough room
for a bus?

I pull out when it's safe and courteous to do so.

Which you can't tell without leaning forwards to look.

Most places don't need to. And when I need to my belt cooperates just fine.

What country are you in? Most junctions in the UK in residential areas only have the narrow width of the pavement (as in sidewalk) between oncoming traffic and the point you can see past the house-owners fence or hedge. since that width is similar top the bonnet (hood) of your car, you can't actually see anything without leaning forwards. And I refuse to believe your cars are any different to European ones - a seatbelt locks when it detects a sudden pull, it thinks you're flying forwards in an accident. Leaning forwards slow enough not to activate it is very difficult and slows the queue of traffic behind you.

2) Not having to put the ****ing thing off and on every time I get to
and out of my car.

A few seconds effort for added crash safety.

Safety is for pussies, and people who can't drive properly. I have

Safety is for everyone on the road. Your attitude is very bad.

Your attitude sounds like a girl.

You've proven you're an a-hole, and now proven to be a childish a-hole..

And you're a big ****ing sissy.

And of course even if you driver properly (and I'm harboring doubts
about your driving skills), that's no defense against the guy who runs
into you.

If someone runs into me that's not my problem.

It sure will be.

Nope. The front of a car is the weakest point.

never managed to crash enough to cause myself an injury.

And a few seconds 50 times a day is not on.

Pizza delivery, huh?

Nope.

Whoosh.

I answered your question. The answer was no. Was that too difficult for you?
Old February 5th 19, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 10:14:13 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 23:38:11 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

I've never had to replace a manifold.

Maybe you should use older cars or drive them harder?

I've never sold a car with less than 120,000km on it. Most have been
nearer to 200,000km. My present car is 16 years old and has 196,000km
on the clock. Maybe one factor is that I always get them serviced
according to the book.

Let me correct that for you:

I've never sold a car with less than 75,000 miles on it. Most have been
nearer to 125,000 miles. My present car is 16 years old and has 120,000 miles
on the clock.

I scrap mine at 135,000 miles usually. That's the point they cost more to repair than replace.

Maybe one factor is that I always get them serviced
according to the book.

I doubt that makes the manifold last longer. And what's the point in replacing parts that aren't broken yet?
Old February 5th 19, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 10:09:42 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 23:37:31 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:33:05 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 21:58:17 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 07:29:34 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 23:44:21 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 23:07:17 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 22:31:26 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"

On 2019-01-30 17:55, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 01:05:49 -0000, Alan Browne

I'd rather have it. Never know. Didn't cost anything to get fixed.

Airbags, like seatbelts, cause as much harm as good. I never wear a
seatbelt unless there's a cop nearby. My friend's father died because
he was trapped by his seatbelt in an accident. They're also damn
annoying - whenever you lean forwards at a junction to see if any
traffic is coming, the damn thing locks! Then you've got to slowly lean
back and forwards again, trying to encourage it to believe you weren't
thrown forwards in an accident.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Yeah, mostly, but even though you're replying to a troll,

I'm seeing that now. Seemed reasonable. I guess he's a long con troll.

// he's partly
right about the belts locking in some cars. It's the way some are
designed, and you sometimes have to push yourself back in the seat to
release them. He's certainly right about "annoying".

Never had that issue with my 2 most recent cars. I seem to recall
something like that on an older car.

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year, £100 a year is a small price to pay for:
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.
2) Not having to put the ****ing thing off and on every time I get to and out of my car.

3) No protection in an accident.

Isn't it better to not crash in the first place? Or are you incapable of driving properly?

It is much better to not crash in the first place.

I am very capable of driving, properly or otherwise.
I can't speak for other people or fate in general.

Good drivers can avoid bad drivers.

Boy! Have you got a lot to learn.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12197505

If you had been the innocent party, how nay of these could your
driving skills enabled yo to have avoided?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52L6jGdSkY

nay? yo? Speak English. And by being aware of what's happening in my mirrors.

Are your mirrors adjusted to give sideways views?

Sit still in your chair. Observe, without moving your head or eyes from straight forwards, how far around you you can see - it's about 180 degrees. Now consider you are actually able to move your head and eyes while driving, and have the use of not one but three mirrors. You should always be aware of everything 360 degrees around you when driving. If not, you're a ****ing menace.
Old February 5th 19, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

Maybe one factor is that I always get them serviced
according to the book.

I doubt that makes the manifold last longer. And what's the point in
replacing parts that aren't broken yet?

so that they don't fail at an inconvenient time, which at best, could
leave you stranded and requiring a tow, turning what would have been a
cheap repair into a major ordeal, and at worst, causing a crash and
injuring or killing others.