Thanks all for the help!!!

Old January 8th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Progressiveabsolution

Default Thanks all for the help!!!

In a recent post, I received a lot of help. I wished to thank everyone
for this. I have decided to shoot the large format of course, but I
will also be using a cheap DSLR with decent manual focusing lenses, all
in raw, of couse, and trying to create a "look" that I prefer. I never
got heavily into 35mm film, but I did love the tones of Provia 100 and
then the color of Velvia 50. So digital for the snaps and learning my
way through post-processing...and large format for learning my way
through a new format (shot medium format), processing my own film,
doing the scanning correctly, and then using the same workflow as I
will use/learn with digital to make the final result. I can't wait to
play with the large format stuff and in a way, feel a bit cheap to be
shooting digital...but it's simply a much faster flow to be able to
nail things down/getting the right settings to then carefully compose a
shot...and use that raw image for post-processing.

Again, thanks to all for excellent pointers on cameras to buy and also
opinions regarding film vs. digital with respect to making a digital
image look like a film image and even better so!

Ahhhh...and anyone interested in knowing...I picked up a fun lot of
stuff. A polaroid camera (yep, the good ole' 70's retro action one)
that I will likely sell, a Crown Graphic with modded board for a 120mm
optar? lens, and finally a Cambo monorail viewcamera with the Calmeret
aka Rodenstock 210mm Sironar (sp) II N lens...Will add a wide or two to
the Cambo as I'm a wide angle (rectiliniar) freak and maybe a longer
lens as a portrait lens.

Thanks again to all who contributed so well in the recent thread I
posed.

Regards!
Mike

P.S. Don't be surprised if I'm back with, "how do I focus the lens on
the Cambo???...what does Copar #0 mean?"...hehehehe...I'll do my
studying before coming back with questions during my experience with it
all. Till then, happy shooting as Mr. Clark said it well, "it's the
photographer"...and no matter what, may it be you, the photographer
that is enjoying whatever it is that brings all of us happiness and at
times frustration with this wonderful hobby!!!