best affordable dslr

Old January 14th 05, 05:38 AM
Howard

Default best affordable dslr

I'm seeking advice about the best of the roughly $1000 dslr cameras. Which
do you recommend and why? Thanks much.
Howie

Old January 14th 05, 12:23 PM
Joseph Meehan

Howard wrote:
I'm seeking advice about the best of the roughly $1000 dslr cameras.
Which do you recommend and why? Thanks much.
Howie

I don't have a lot of information to offer you. I will suggest that for
the most part not many people have much experience with more than one such
camera. Many people have experience with just one however.

There are a number of web sites that offer comparison of such cameras
and if you have not already done so, I suggest you take a look at what they
have to offer.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old January 14th 05, 04:14 PM
C J Campbell

"Howard" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm seeking advice about the best of the roughly $1000 dslr cameras. Which
do you recommend and why? Thanks much.
Howie

There isn't a 'best' one. The Nikon D70 users love their camera. The Canon
owners love their cameras. I deduce that they are all great cameras.

Old January 14th 05, 04:50 PM
Bub

The DSLR body is just a start, its the lenses that add up, sometimes costing
more than the camera body.

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

ink.net...

Old January 14th 05, 04:55 PM
Owamanga

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:14:19 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Howard" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm seeking advice about the best of the roughly $1000 dslr cameras. Which
do you recommend and why? Thanks much.
Howie

There isn't a 'best' one. The Nikon D70 users love their camera. The Canon
owners love their cameras. I deduce that they are all great cameras.

Last year the D70 won more best DSLR awards than the Canons did, but
that probably doesn't mean much.

Presuming you don't have either system's lens or accessories yet,
here's my suggestion for deciding which camp to belong to:

If you use (or like the look of, want to get one etc,) Apple Macintosh
then buy a Canon. Linux and PC users should go for Nikon. If you have
no preference on OS, Canon is right for you.

I'm not suggesting anything about compatibility here, it's simply
about the type of person you are.

Here's another way to decide (and I'll bet you'll come to the same
answer):

If you like wearing black, or other dark solid colors or like clothes
with high neck-lines you are a Canon man. If hawaiian shirts, exposed
hairy chest etc is more your thing, then Nikon.

And finally:

Champagne or Wine drinker = Canon, Beer drinker = Nikon.
Anything with alcohol = Nikon.

I guess I've annoyed enough people now.

--
Owamanga!
Old January 14th 05, 05:37 PM
Graham Holden

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:55:57 GMT, Owamanga wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:14:19 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Howard" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

As you're unnervingly spot on on all other counts, I'd better rush out and
buy some Hawaiian shirts and a fake chest-hair wig before using my D70 to
take a self-portrait :-)

Old January 14th 05, 05:37 PM
Graham Holden

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:55:57 GMT, Owamanga wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:14:19 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Howard" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

SDK that allows focus control of DSLR [email protected] Digital Photography 0 January 1st 05 02:05 PM
RFD: rec.photo.dslr Thad Digital Photography 21 September 5th 04 02:22 AM
RFD: rec.photo.dslr Thad 35mm Photo Equipment 12 September 5th 04 02:22 AM
Why go dSLR? Bob Digital Photography 69 June 27th 04 07:22 PM
Dont get a DSLR! Bob Digital Photography 0 June 23rd 04 10:58 PM