Friend got a Nikon D3 with 28k actuations for $640.00

Old October 16th 16, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Friend got a Nikon D3 with 28k actuations for $640.00

On 2016-10-16 20:39:55 +0000, PeterN said:

On 10/16/2016 11:36 AM, android wrote:
In article ,
On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck
On 2016-10-14 05:52:18 +0000, RichA said:
On Thursday, 13 October 2016 22:54:27 UTC-4, Me wrote:
On 14/10/2016 14:46, RichA wrote:
What a terrific camera to hold and use. Everything there, easy to
access.

Yes. I thought you'd be arguing that it'd be much better if they'd
made

it as a milc, in half-frame, much smaller, so that you'd need to use
toothpicks instead of fingers to operate it.

Every camera has it's attributes and shortcomings. They could design
a camera to be so ergonomically-perfect for shooting that you could use it
with one hand, but that won't happen because the shape would turn
traditionalists off. Here is a piece of equipment where conventionalism
was throw
to the wolves to achieve perfection in a target weapon:

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog...10/05/FWB-P44-
Pistol-005.jpg

Nothing unconventional about that airpistol from a target shooter's
perspective.
2815681_1469027675.jpg
2803658_1459414353.jpg

Oops!
http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...681_1469027675
.jpg

http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...658_1459414353
.jpg

I remember the days when one could use a rifle stock as a shoulder
pod. Today, it would not be a great idea.

You still can, but I would steer clear of Time Square or the D.C. Mall.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._1221_ii_cam_s
houlder_brace_with.html

Didn't say they were not available, just that using it is not a good
idea. When a cop points a pistol at me and says "drop it," ....

They have discounts at the company store on discontinued packages. I
can't see why the law enforcement would have any problems. This stuff
can only stabilize cameras and nothing else and can not be confused with
anything else either!!! ;-)

http://stedistock.com/store/closeout/

I admit to being a coward when a shotgun carrying cop, in a stentorian
voice tells me to do something. I have already proven that, when early
one morning I went for a walk on pompano Beach. I looked down and the
beach was covered with twenty dollar bills. As I started to pick some
up I encountered the above mentioned cop. i did not argue when he
ordered me to drop the bills and leave the beach.

Well android only has to deal with Swedish cops, rather than the
insistant Florida type you experienced.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 16, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog.../2010/05/FWB-P
44-
Pistol-005.jpg

Nothing unconventional about that airpistol from a target shooter's
perspective.
2815681_1469027675.jpg
2803658_1459414353.jpg

Oops!
http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...815681_1469027
675
.jpg

http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...803658_1459414

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ock_1221_ii_ca
[...]

They shoot you dead if citizens, including their owns lives are in
danger.
--
teleportation kills
Old October 17th 16, 08:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

says...

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-10-14 05:52:18 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

I think that if you are out in the field on a wildlife shoot, the
shoulder mount "rifle stock" type mount with long lenses could be a
good solution and not be too alarming to anybody. However, don't take
that same "rifle stock" mounted camera into some urban environments
where an encounter with law enforcement officers with tunnel vision who
don't seem to be capable of differentiating between a cell phone, or
candy bar and a firearm. That is stupidly dangerous, and could be
detrimental to your health.

And it's rather sad that our society had degenerated to the point where
that is the case.

I was actually pondering to put one of those on my shopping list but
then I saw this:

http://www.shoulderpod.com/r1-pro/

Unthreatening enough?
--
teleportation kills

Old October 17th 16, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 2016-10-16 15:56:40 +0000, RichA said:

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-10-14 05:52:18 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

They actually look more like the stock of a crossbow than a rifle.

Try taking a crossbow into Time Square.

Savageduck

When I was young, I bought a rifle and took it home on the bus. Times change.

Even in places where open carry is perfectly legal some find themselves
harrassed by law enforcement for exercising their rights. Times have
changed.

Old October 17th 16, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-10-14 05:52:18 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

Why don't you bring one into NYC and use it and then let us know how it
worked for you.

Old October 17th 16, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-10-14 05:52:18 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...15681_14690276
75
.jpg

http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...03658_14594143

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ck_1221_ii_cam
_s
houlder_brace_with.html

Didn't say they were not available, just that using it is not a good
idea. When a cop points a pistol at me and says "drop it," ....

They have discounts at the company store on discontinued packages. I
can't see why the law enforcement would have any problems. This stuff
can only stabilize cameras and nothing else and can not be confused with
anything else either!!! ;-)

http://stedistock.com/store/closeout/

Why don't you bring one into NYC and use it and then let us know how it
worked for you.

Irony ain't your forte, right?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forte
--
teleportation kills
Old October 18th 16, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

On 2016-10-14 05:52:18 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

Obviously not your forte either.

On 2016-10-14 06:23:21 +0000, Savageduck

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog...s/2010/05/FWB-
P4
4-
Pistol-005.jpg

Nothing

unconventional

about
that airpistol from a target shooter's perspective.
2815681_1469027675.jpg
2803658_1459414353.jpg
Oops!
http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...2815681_146902
76
75
.jpg

http://www.carl-walther.de/assets/im...2803658_145941

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tock_1221_ii_c
am
_s
houlder_brace_with.html

Didn't say they were not available, just that using it is not a good
idea. When a cop points a pistol at me and says "drop it," ....
They have discounts at the company store on discontinued packages. I
can't see why the law enforcement would have any problems. This stuff
can only stabilize cameras and nothing else and can not be confused with
anything else either!!! ;-)

http://stedistock.com/store/closeout/
Why don't you bring one into NYC and use it and then let us know how it
worked for you.

Irony ain't your forte, right?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forte

Obviously not your forte either.

My Kung Fu is way better than yours!!! :-ppp
--
teleportation kills
Old October 18th 16, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-10-18 13:26:34 +0000, android said:

My Kung Fu is way better than yours!!! :-ppp

What a revelation! We didn't know you were a Chinese cook.

Savageduck