Diff Nikon and Canon Lens System

Old April 15th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
measekite

Default Diff Nikon and Canon Lens System

Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

Does it just boil down to the fact that each as a few lenses that are
marginally better than the other with the remainder being comparable or is
there a significant difference?
Old April 15th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck

On 2009-04-14 23:09:35 -0700, measekite said:

Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

Does it just boil down to the fact that each as a few lenses that are
marginally better than the other with the remainder being comparable or is
there a significant difference?

It's mainly in the spelling.

Welcome back.
Have you not bought that DSLR yet??
Weren't you going through all of this comparison stuff a few months ago?

I would refer to the usual sites:
http://www.dpreview.com/
http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showcat.php/cat/2
http://www.shutterbug.com/equipmentreviews/lenses/
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/

Have fun, see you in June.

Savageduck

Old April 15th 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

measekite wrote:
Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

One works best with Nikon cameras and the other works best with Canon
cameras.

--
Ray Fischer

Old April 15th 09, 09:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris H

In message , Ray Fischer
writes
measekite wrote:
Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

One works best with Nikon cameras and the other works best with Canon
cameras.

OK... So which works better with Canon and which with Nikon?

Old April 15th 09, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck

On 2009-04-15 01:08:25 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , Ray Fischer
writes
measekite wrote:
Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

One works best with Nikon cameras and the other works best with Canon
cameras.

OK... So which works better with Canon and which with Nikon?

It doesn't matter. Mease hasn't quite figured out which DSLR he is
going to buy yet.
Savageduck

Old April 15th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheRealSteve

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 06:09:35 GMT, measekite
wrote:

Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

Does it just boil down to the fact that each as a few lenses that are
marginally better than the other with the remainder being comparable or is
there a significant difference?

Stop worrying so much about little things like minute differences in
lens performance across the wide variety of each manufacturers line of
lenses. Most differences are in the esoteric professional lenses that
you'll probably never use anyway. The prosumer lines are almost
identical.

Just go to a store, pick up a Canon and a comparable Nikon, play with
each and buy the one that feels better to you. There's a lot more
differences between them than the various lens performance.

For me personally, the Nikon control layout worked much better and
felt more confortable. Also, Nikon in general seems to have a better
handle on exposure control, especially flash exposure. But I'm sure
there's other areas where Canons are better and the choice is a
personal one you have to make yourself. You won't go wrong whichever
way you go.

I'm also sure, judging on the type of posts you make here, that you're
not going to notice any difference in the photos you take whether you
have a Nikon or a Canon. So just go get one or the other already and
start shooting.

Steve
Old April 15th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris H

In message , measekite
writes
Basically what is the primary differences between the Nikon and Canon Lens
Line?

Does it just boil down to the fact that each as a few lenses that are
marginally better than the other with the remainder being comparable or is
there a significant difference?

It's all irrelevant. God uses a Nikon and all Canon users are going to
Hell. Mary uses an Olympus as it's a girls camera.

Just go and try a Nikon and a Canon in the shop and see which one feels
better in YOUR hands. It is personal preference on handling that is
more important than the 10'th decimal place. Especially when humans
(i.e. pedants not on this NG) can only resolve to 5 decimal places.

Technically A is slightly better than B this month and B will be better
than A next month. Both A and B are several orders of magnitude better
than anything you could afford 5 years ago.

Old April 15th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck

On 2009-04-15 07:34:44 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , measekite
writes
[...]

Chris,
Mease has no intention of ever buying a camera or lens or anything else.
He is going to continue to troll these NGs with Ken Rockwell citations,
strange propositions and personal observations.
He will ask for opinion and not take any action. He will talk about
making massive prints and pixel peeping and all of it amounts to
nothing.
Once he finally buys any damn camera, be it P&S or DSLR of any brand
and submits proof of such purchase, I might be prepareed to take him
seriously.
Savageduck

Old April 15th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris H

In message 2009041508540411967-savageduck@savagenet, Savageduck
writes
On 2009-04-15 07:34:44 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , measekite
writes
[...]

I know but I thought I would just put it up as general guidance to
others asking the same question.

BTW I like what I can see of your web site but most of the links are
broken.

Old April 15th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck

On 2009-04-15 07:34:44 -0700, Chris H said:

In message , measekite
writes
[...]

My web site??
Thanks for the compliment but, I am afraid my photographic ego hasn't
pushed me to produce a web site yet. There is a reason for the broken
links.
I am fortunate enough to be able to afford some mac.com storage space
which I can use to put up a Lightroom produced web gallery for as long
as it seems appropriate to share with friends and family.
It also gives me the ability to post links to individual files stored
at mac.com and remove them once the original post has become stale.
I certainly have the server space, software and ability to establish a
web site, and might consider that some time in the future. I just have
no real need to right now.

Until then this kind of thing is what I can do to get some of my files
and images out the

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Fe...V-1/index.html

http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DSC_0386-3Ec.jpg
Savageduck