How To Fit A Canon Lens To A Nikon Camera?

Old July 18th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default How To Fit A Canon Lens To A Nikon Camera?

ASAAR wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:06:41 +1000, dj_nme wrote:

Please ignore the forger telling everyone my replies are forged. Thank
you.

So how can you prove that this post I'm replying to isn't a forgery as well?
With all three previous posts having the same identifying information in
the headers (same ISP, same "reply-to" address, same organisation, same
"x-newsreader", same "x-complaints-to" address and the same "path") it
does look very much like you wrote all three messages.
In fact, all of the recent posts from "ASAAR" seem to have all come from
the same place.

If you can't tell from the message content, then assume anything
you want. That is, BTW, exactly the response sought by this bunch
of message forging sock puppet trolls. And likewise, I have no way
of knowing whether this message I'm replying to was written by the
original dj_nme, or if it was another forged message. You do the
best you can or you give up. But then you'll be providing 'aid and
comfort' to the 'terrorists', and will have allowed them to win.

Hello, ASAAR:

Here's how I'm positively able to distinguish your articles, from
those of the sock puppet(s):

1. Yours are dated, an hour later than his.

2. You leave two spaces, between sentences; he, only one.

Cordially,
John Turco
Old July 18th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:41:09 -0500, John Turco
wrote:

ASAAR wrote:

[...]

Thanks for pointing this out. Then everyone will be able to tell who
is who.

You dumb****.

Old July 18th 07, 11:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:41:09 -0500, John Turco wrote:

Hello, ASAAR:

Here's how I'm positively able to distinguish your articles, from
those of the sock puppet(s):

1. Yours are dated, an hour later than his.

2. You leave two spaces, between sentences; he, only one.

Neither can be counted on to reliably distinguish between true and
false, friend and foe, and (in reverse order) the forger and me!

But fortunately there remain other ways to distinguish between the
distinguished and those needing to be extinguished, as the forger
with the three hour lead demonstrates.

Old July 18th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

wrote:

ASAAR wrote:

[...]

My replies might have a four hour lag too. Just keep an eye on what
hours we both post and you should be able to tell. In the meantime
I'm very busy on some newsgroups where, I just hope nobody finds out.
I could get into some serious trouble with those photos that I'm
posting.

Old July 18th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:32:31 +1000, dj_nme wrote:

On my 300D (I don't have it anymore) and my 30D, the aperture can be
stopped down with a button on the body.
I don't see a way to mechanically stop the aperture down when the lens
isn't attached to the body.

That sounds like a DoF preview button.

Yes, indeed it is.

Al Gore's son was pulled over by police on the
San Diego Freeway Tuesday with marijuana, Valium,
Xanax and Vicodin on him. The kid never had a
chance. He got hooked on downers at an early
age listening to his father read him bedtime
stories.
Old July 20th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

ASAAR (the sock puppet) wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:41:09 -0500, John Turco
wrote:

edited, for brevity

Hello, ASAAR:

Here's how I'm positively able to distinguish your articles, from
those of the sock puppet(s):

1. Yours are dated, an hour later than his.

2. You leave two spaces, between sentences; he, only one.

Cordially,
John Turco

My replies might have a four hour lag too. Just keep an eye on what
hours we both post and you should be able to tell. In the meantime
I'm very busy on some newsgroups where, I just hope nobody finds out.
I could get into some serious trouble with those photos that I'm
posting.

Hello, Mr. Sock Puppet:

Very clever! Now, you're even indenting the first sentence of each
paragraph, just as the real ASAAR does -- I'd forgotten to mention
that, before.

Except, he leaves two spaces; you, only one. ;-)

Cordially,
John Turco
Old July 20th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dj_nme

wrote:

[...]

Very clever, tell the fake ASAAR how many spaces are left by the real ASAAR.
I'm sure that you're giving the wrong info, that it's a four space
indent for each paragraph.
That way we'll never be able to tell them apart.
Old July 20th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 05:15:32 +1000, dj_nme wrote:

Very clever! Now, you're even indenting the first sentence of each
paragraph, just as the real ASAAR does -- I'd forgotten to mention
that, before.

Except, he leaves two spaces; you, only one. ;-)

Cordially,
John Turco

Very clever, tell the fake ASAAR how many spaces are left by the real ASAAR.
I'm sure that you're giving the wrong info, that it's a four space
indent for each paragraph.
That way we'll never be able to tell them apart.

hehheh You're right, of course. But John's 'spilling the
beans' isn't that big a deal. As I've said before, if the sock
puppet forger gets really good, he'll spare me the effort of
posting. So far he's done a fair but not exceptionally good job of
duplicating the form of the messages, but has miles (Brits say
'streets'?) to go before getting the message content down pat.