Just bought Nikon 9000ED to replace 5400.

Old November 29th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

Default Just bought Nikon 9000ED to replace 5400.

This of course is a "For Sale" in disguise...

my Dimage 5400 is for sale. Perfect condition, original box, manuals,
accessories, s/w, etc.

I do more Medium Format than 35mm film shooting, so the 5400 isn't of
much more use to me. It works fine.

If interested, drop me an e-mail. Dump the "Freelunch".
From : Montreal area.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old November 29th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,comp.periphs.scanners
David J. Littleboy

"Alan Browne" wrote:
This of course is a "For Sale" in disguise...

my Dimage 5400 is for sale. Perfect condition, original box, manuals,
accessories, s/w, etc.

I do more Medium Format than 35mm film shooting, so the 5400 isn't of much
more use to me. It works fine.

Before you sell it, would you scan the same frame (hopefully a sharp
frameg) with both and send snippets to Rafe for his page? I'd really like
to see how they compare on the same frame.

Thanks,
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old November 29th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,comp.periphs.scanners
Alan Browne

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote:
This of course is a "For Sale" in disguise...

my Dimage 5400 is for sale. Perfect condition, original box, manuals,
accessories, s/w, etc.

I do more Medium Format than 35mm film shooting, so the 5400 isn't of much
more use to me. It works fine.

Before you sell it, would you scan the same frame (hopefully a sharp
frameg) with both and send snippets to Rafe for his page? I'd really like
to see how they compare on the same frame.

I'll try to remember to do that (for my own references). The 5400 is
up for sale on a Quebec auction site where I've sold things at good
prices quick in the past (maybe I price too low?). I might sell the
5400 before the 9000 comes in (this Fri per the store).

Cheers,
Alan

Old November 29th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,comp.periphs.scanners
Raphael Bustin

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:50:46 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
wrote:

Before you sell it, would you scan the same frame (hopefully a sharp
frameg) with both and send snippets to Rafe for his page? I'd really like
to see how they compare on the same frame.

I'll second that request, personally. From all that I've seen,
the Minolta 5400 is the only CCD scanner that can beat
the Nikons for resolution.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com