Canon DSLR startup time

Old February 2nd 05, 05:23 PM
JC Dill

Default Canon DSLR startup time

Are there any review sites that directly compare the startup time of
Canon's various DSLRs? I've been searching, haven't found one yet...

jc "getting ready to upgrade the 300d"

Old February 2nd 05, 05:30 PM
David H. Lipman

What is the "startup time" ?

What are you asking about ?

--
Dave

Old February 2nd 05, 06:20 PM
Owamanga

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:30:19 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

What is the "startup time" ?

What are you asking about ?

The time between switching the camera on and it being able to take the
first picture.

Really not a problem with any current DLSR, which is why most reviews
don't mention comparisons. Same reason you don't see comparisons on
how quickly cars melt in the snow. It's not a big issue.

--
Owamanga!
Old February 2nd 05, 06:24 PM
JC Dill

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:30:19 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

What is the "startup time" ?

What are you asking about ?

The time it takes from when you push the switch to "on" and when you
can actually take a picture.

jc

Old February 2nd 05, 06:31 PM
Canongirly

www.dpreview.com

Old February 2nd 05, 06:37 PM
David H. Lipman

A moot point, 2,000 msecs. We aren't talking about MS Windows.

--
Dave

Old February 2nd 05, 06:56 PM
JC Dill

wrote:

What is the "startup time" ?

What are you asking about ?

The time between switching the camera on and it being able to take the
first picture.

Really not a problem with any current DLSR,

Actually, it is a bit of a problem with the 300d, which is why I'd
like to see comparison data for other Canon models.

jc

Old February 2nd 05, 06:59 PM
JC Dill

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:31:15 -0000, "Canongirly" wrote:

www.dpreview.com

Can you provide a URL to a page that directly compares startup times?

jc

Old February 2nd 05, 07:14 PM
David H. Lipman

Really ? Mine has NO problem.

--
Dave

Old February 2nd 05, 07:25 PM
Owamanga

wrote:

What is the "startup time" ?

What are you asking about ?

The time between switching the camera on and it being able to take the
first picture.

Really not a problem with any current DLSR,

Actually, it is a bit of a problem with the 300d, which is why I'd
like to see comparison data for other Canon models.

3 seconds is a problem?

Give me a break. You can't seriously claim that 3 seconds is going to
be significant delay each time you decide to take a batch of photos.

Most photos composed inside 3 seconds are going to be worthless
anyway. I'm sure there are at least 100 more important features to
consider than this.

If it's a problem, leave the damn thing switched on when it's in your
hand.

--
Owamanga!