Kodak 7590, 7440 or Canon a95

Old December 30th 04, 02:14 PM
Carol Elder

Default Kodak 7590, 7440 or Canon a95

Hi:

I have been saving a few bucks to originally buy the Kodak 7590 but it
is taking too long and started to look at other cameras. I have a Kodak
DX3600 which I love and it takes great pictures, but I wanted something
with more manual controls and perhaps low light settings.

I mostly take pictures of "things" like rocks, water, trees, stuff like
that. I don't really take pictures of people.

I went to the website www.imaging-resource and read reviews and compared
pictures hoping someone would say - this is the best camera you could
buy. I have enough money saved now to buy the Kodak 7440 or the Canon
A95 but I am not sure which I want - any ideas. I do like the fact that
the Canon will take AA batteries because I can buy those in bulk and be
fine, but I really like the quality of Kodak.

Thanks for adding your 2 cents.

Carol

Old December 30th 04, 03:34 PM
Neon

I just got the Kodak DX7590 two days ago to replace my aging DX3500 which I
will admit was horrid under all but the best lighting conditions.
If you purchase the camera before the end of the year, you are eligible for
a free 1GB memory card for it if you send away for the rebate from Kodak.
Better get it today!
I've tried the camera under alot of different conditions, and its flawless
for them all. The flash is powerful enough to provide excellent fill across
a large room. The 10x zoom is also very nice! The superior optics are what
really sold me. My friend had just bought a Fuji FinPix S7000, and there is
just no comparison. He saved some money, but drooled hard over my Kodak.
Sucks to be him...lol.
If you buy it from the web from Circuit City, its only $450.00 and you can
do instore pickup.
Good luck!

Old December 30th 04, 11:45 PM
Ron Hunter

Carol Elder wrote:
[...]

You might also consider the older DX6440 if you can find it. It is
likely to be cheaper and has most of the features of the DX7440, and
uses AA batteries. I made the switch from the DX3600 to the DX6440 and
it has performed very well. I am still learning what all the scene
modes do. One thing is certain, using the night mode REQUIRES a tripod,
or nice solid rock.

--
Ron Hunter

Old December 31st 04, 02:24 AM
DonR

The DX6440 uses AA batteries, and takes awesome pictures. The DX7630 is
incredible for the type of pictures you like to take. Those are my favorite
subjects, also.

Old December 31st 04, 03:36 AM
anonomous

Its funny, I thought I was the only person who had this delimma. I too have
a DX3600 which for me was fine until I wanted to crop a few pics and still
print a very good 8x10. Now I realized I needed an upgrade, yet still didnt
want a degree in engineering to operate the damn thing. I also suffered
from information overload --Consumer Reports, Steves Digicams, Imaging
Resource, etc.
I originally bought a Fuji E550, but wound up returning it because I still
like to look through a viewfinder like a film camera, and this one was
useless. I also nixed the camera because of its expensive memory card.
What I decided to do was not pay a penny more than the old DX3600 and see
what I came up with. Here it is- A CX7530. Fully automatic 5 megapixel,
with a few different scene modes, a 512mb card and a tripod, and still paid
a few bucks less than my old (3 yrs) Kodak.

Old January 3rd 05, 05:27 PM
GJP

Hey Neon, could you give me a little more info on this free 1GB memory
card rebate from Kodak...was this a rebate form that came with your
Kodak DX7590 camera, only in certain countries or what?
Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

GJP

"Neon" wrote in
om:

I just got the Kodak DX7590 two days ago to replace my aging DX3500
which I will admit was horrid under all but the best lighting
conditions.
If you purchase the camera before the end of the year, you

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
are eligible for a free 1GB memory card for it if you send away for

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old January 3rd 05, 10:01 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Carol,

I would wait a bit longer and get the DX7590. It has more of the features
that I am going to guess that you would enjoy and use in the future. The
camera has nice features and a great optical zoom (10X) as well as enhanced
digital to 30x. Since you note nature scenes, I believe you would enjoy it
greatly. Plus, this model has the option of external flash, that would
greatly enhance your nature shots, i.e. rocks, trees, etc. You can easily
switch between screen and EVF as well (EVF = Electronic Viewfinder). I
suggest a full review of the camera and features. If the flash and optical
zoom is not important to you, then you may enjoy the DX7440 as well, also an
excellent choice.

If you have any particular questions regarding either of these, Carol, let
me know, I am here for you.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company