Photos stuck together

Old March 2nd 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Photos stuck together

Just soak them in water with a photo flo solution and they will unstuck.
Use warm water let stand awhile.
"Jim" wrote in message
I need some advice on how to separate B&W photos that have been stuck
together.

These are from 1980 and are standard glossy paper as far as I can tell.
There are just four 10x10's stuck together.

What happened was that these were in a metal file box that was left inside
hot vehicle in the summer. The edges are not stuck together, but a good
bit
of the center area is. The top most photo is still in very good
condition,
but it is the 3rd one down is the one that I need to save. The bunch is
nice and flat.

Is there a way using heat, or steam, or alcohol, or water, or something
else
that will unstick the emulsion from the paper of the photo in from of it
that it is stuck to. Did the emulsion actually melt to do this? If so
why
is the top photo still in good shape?

They are no good to me the way they are, and I'm not going to attempt to
tear them apart until I try something else.

Help me please

Jim

Old March 2nd 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

I need some advice on how to separate B&W photos that have been stuck
together.

These are from 1980 and are standard glossy paper as far as I can tell.
There are just four 10x10's stuck together.

What happened was that these were in a metal file box that was left inside a