shooting in rain protection?

Old February 16th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
peter

Default shooting in rain protection?

When shooting houses and buildings in the rain, what is the best way to
protect the camera and the photographer?

One thing I can think of is a hat umbrella. But it looks kind of
unprofessional, especially most of these are multi-color toy-like.

Is there something else that works and also looks professional?

Old February 16th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Ken Hart

"peter" wrote in message news:yTjBh.5$h8.3@trnddc05...
When shooting houses and buildings in the rain, what is the best way to
protect the camera and the photographer?

One thing I can think of is a hat umbrella. But it looks kind of
unprofessional, especially most of these are multi-color toy-like.

Is there something else that works and also looks professional?

There are housings for using cameras underwater, somewhat overkill for just
rainy day use.
There are also glove-like arrangements that are a blank filter with a
plastic bag attached. The filter is mounted on the camera and the bag covers
the camera. Ypu reach inside the bag to operate the camera.
I've taken my old Canon FX out on rainy days many times. I dry it off after
use, set it in front of the air conditioner or heat duct for a while and it
still works just fine.

Old March 25th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Petri Lopia

On 2007-02-16, peter wrote:
When shooting houses and buildings in the rain, what is the best way to
protect the camera and the photographer?

One thing I can think of is a hat umbrella. But it looks kind of
unprofessional, especially most of these are multi-color toy-like.

Is there something else that works and also looks professional?

I'm going to make rain protector for my camera myself.
I will use raincoat and take part of that. You lens goes where
your hand normally goes and so on.
I will probably not look so professional but at least it should
work with longer lenses too.

--
Petri Lopia :: lid
Galapagos Island, Lightnings, Nature, StormChasing, Moon etc. photos:
Old May 5th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
[email protected]

On Mar 25, 6:49 am, Petri Lopia
On 2007-02-16, peter wrote:

When shooting houses and buildings in the rain, what is the best way to
protect the camera and the photographer?

One thing I can think of is a hat umbrella. But it looks kind of
unprofessional, especially most of these are multi-color toy-like.

Is there something else that works and also looks professional?

I'm going to make rain protector for my camera myself.
I will use raincoat and take part of that. You lens goes where
your hand normally goes and so on.
I will probably not look so professional but at least it should
work with longer lenses too.

--
Petri Lopia ::
Galapagos Island, Lightnings, Nature, StormChasing, Moon etc. photos:
http://www.petrilopia.net/ http://www.pbase.com/whig/
M: Helios Skyliner 200 + Kamera-adapteri + Plössl 32mm 1 1/4" + aurinkosuodin.

We have found a new wonderful product that we use all time in outdoor
shooting that protects our equipment and is very professional looking.
Here is a link to the site www.popabrella.com Good Luck

Cheers,