Costco/Qualex no longer!

Old November 27th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default Costco/Qualex no longer!

wrote:

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
wrote:

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Has anybody here had their slide film developed using the Costco Kodak service
[Qualex]? I went in there last weekend and the Kodak station as absent; upon
inquiry I am told that they no longer offer the service. I am quite
disappointed as turn around is much longer when sent to Fuji or A&I (and the
latter is much more expensive).

I was particularly disappointed to discover this last month because the
good price of photo processing at Costco was the only reason I joined.
I had it worked out to where I'd make up the fee on processing alone,
but haven't yet reached my break-even point. Now I'm going to have to
buy tires or something.

Buy a laptop and Photoshop Elements (if you can't afford Photoshop CS2) and
buy a digital camera. You will more than make up your membership! If it
doesn't work out for you, you can return it all to Costco [except the
software] within six months ... no questions asked.

I have all of these. I also have a lot of undeveloped film.

If you mean, unexposed film .... EBAY.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old December 16th 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
John Horner

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Has anybody here had their slide film developed using the Costco Kodak service
[Qualex]? I went in there last weekend and the Kodak station as absent; upon
inquiry I am told that they no longer offer the service. I am quite
disappointed as turn around is much longer when sent to Fuji or A&I (and the
latter is much more expensive).

Silver film is rapidly on the way to being a niche market product, so if
you would like to keep shooting it then be prepared to go out of your
way to get the supplies and services you require. That is just how it is.

Costco et. al. just about completely killed off the locally owned and
operated minilab and now the worm is turning again.

Slides are a niche business now.

John