New Sony A700 looks okay.

Old September 6th 07, 11:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Default New Sony A700 looks okay.

http://www.photographyblog.com/index...ony_a700_dslr/

Old September 7th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Sep 6, 6:02 am, "Pete D" wrote:
http://www.photographyblog.com/index...ony_a700_dslr/

Interesting marketing tactic, as well, supplying a $1400 with a $100
kit lens.

Old September 7th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Pete D wrote:
http://www.photographyblog.com/index...ony_a700_dslr/

A mix of very good and ordinary. I'll wait for the A900 (or A9, or
whatever they call the "real" camera).

At least here the shutter speed is decent and the x-sync is in "pro"
territory again. Decent ISO (and hopefully usable).

Claim of 4 stops of shake reduction.

CMOS ... and a new "A/D on every row" design... could be a low noise boon.

Looks like they've gone back to an IR focus assist instead of the
idiotic use of the flash in a soft strobe mode.

Front and rear control dial for A and S.

No sign of the stupid locks on the mode dial.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE EXP COMP DIALS? If this has been menu
======================================
buried then this camera is definitely not for me.

DOF preview button is awkwardly positioned (like on the 7D).

Metal chassis.

I'm afraid they may have dumbed down the WB. I hope not.

No live preview.

No indication to date of shutter lag. It's about 100 - 150 ms on the 7D
.... hope they gat back to the 50ms range soon...

Interesting that they show a Minolta 50 f/1.4 A-mount on the dpreview site:
http://a.img-dpreview.com/previews/S.../flopflopb.jpg

I'll sit this one out... but then I already said I would. Let's see the
"9" class machine.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.