Where to buy: Nikkor Lenses in San Diego

Old October 12th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr X

Default Where to buy: Nikkor Lenses in San Diego

Hi,

Can somebody give me any recommendations on good camera shops in San
Diego. I am hoping to buy a Nikkor lens for my D70 and possibly a Flash
as well.

The lens will be most likely be a AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED or a AF-S DX
VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED. I know the two lenses are
apples and oranges.. but the 18-200 seems so versatile.

Thanks,

Old October 12th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank ess

Mr X wrote:
Hi,

Can somebody give me any recommendations on good camera shops in San
Diego. I am hoping to buy a Nikkor lens for my D70 and possibly a
Flash as well.

The lens will be most likely be a AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED or a AF-S
DX
VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED. I know the two lenses are
apples and oranges.. but the 18-200 seems so versatile.

Thanks,

for near downtown, Google : nelson photo san diego

or george's photo san diego

There's a Calumet in North County (30 miles north), Vista.

May be a mom and pop somewhere, here and there, but most such have
dissolved in the face of ubiquitious BIG BOX stores (Circuit City,
Best Buy, etc.).

--
Frank ess

Old October 12th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr X

Frank,

Thanks for your advice.

Looks like I might be going for the faster lens as I shoot mainly
motorsports and aviation.

Old October 13th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Proconsul

On 2006-10-12 07:51:17 -0700, Mr X said:

Frank,

Thanks for your advice.

The advice was good - my experience knowing all of these places in San
Diego is that Nelson's is the best choice and carries the "better"
lenses.....

They excel in providing personal service "above and beyond" - prices
are more than competitive....

As for the lenses, it's my opinion as a happy user, that the Nikon
18-200 VR is the optimum choice. The Nikon 18-70 "kit" lens is an
exceptional performer at a very low price.......

PC

Old October 24th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Skip

Actually, Calumet is in Escondido. Still 30ish miles north, but on the
I-15, not State Hwy 78...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com