Just got my first non point and shoot digital cam and need advice

Old January 20th 05, 06:02 AM
No

Default Just got my first non point and shoot digital cam and need advice

I just bought my first digital camera that isn't just a point and shoot
camera, it has many more features. The one I bought was the Canon
PowerShot S1 IS

I don't have a lot of time to learn how to use it before this weekend where
I'm going to watch my nephew play basketball, I'd like to get some good
shots of him. Should I shoot with the fast shutter speed?

any suggestions for a newbie to this camera would be appreciated, I have to
learn quick........lol

Old January 20th 05, 06:19 AM
Crownfield

No wrote:

I just bought my first digital camera that isn't just a point and shoot
camera, it has many more features. The one I bought was the Canon
PowerShot S1 IS

I don't have a lot of time to learn how to use it before this weekend where
I'm going to watch my nephew play basketball, I'd like to get some good
shots of him. Should I shoot with the fast shutter speed?

any suggestions for a newbie to this camera would be appreciated, I have to
learn quick........lol

I just got a new airplane.
I have to go cross country this weekend.
I do not have the time to read and understand the manual.
does anyone have suggestions as to how to do it safely?
Old January 20th 05, 06:22 AM
David J Taylor

No wrote:
I just bought my first digital camera that isn't just a point and
shoot camera, it has many more features. The one I bought was the
Canon PowerShot S1 IS

I don't have a lot of time to learn how to use it before this weekend
where I'm going to watch my nephew play basketball, I'd like to get
some good shots of him. Should I shoot with the fast shutter speed?

any suggestions for a newbie to this camera would be appreciated, I
have to learn quick........lol

This newsgroup is for interchangeable-lens cameras.

Discussions about ZLR cameras such as the Canon S1 IS would be more
correctly placed in rec.photo.digital.zlr. I'm not much into sports
photography.

Cheers,
David

Old January 20th 05, 09:32 AM
Transparency

Roll on the next Cartier-Bresson!!!
Old January 20th 05, 01:57 PM
David J Taylor

T.N.T. wrote:
[]
Sorry if this was discussed before, but the group name doesn't suggest
interchangeable-lens. Does it say so in the charter that only
interchangeable-lens cameras can be posted here (as a SLR camera
doesn't have to have interchangeable-lenses)?

Yes.

If the camera does not have interchangeable lenses (as opposed to add-on
lenses) then this isn't the correct group. "systems" was meant to
encompass the interchangeability.

I expect someone may post a link to the charter.

David

Old January 20th 05, 03:08 PM
No

What a bunch of assholes