"Photoshop" alternatives

Old May 15th 15, 06:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default "Photoshop" alternatives

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature.
CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

that's exactly what i said.

Not exactly, And I responded to Mr. Cooper!

That's what *you* may think it means, but I'm asking android what he
means.

these days, that is an extreme edge case. a *lot* of things won't work
without an internet connection, including posting to usenet.

Hurricane season is approaching down here. While I would like to
think that no internet availability is an extreme edge case, I got
very edgy last year when my cable connection was out for a week.

Yes, and then when everybody's safe it can be nice to be able to use the
'puter the old-fashioned way.

the old-fashioned way is offline, using a dial-up modem for occasional
connections.

See? Here you snipped out the nice gentleman from Florida asking me for
a clarification. Down nospam, down!
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 09:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 07:03:18 +0200, android wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature.
CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

Oh, OK. So nospam is correct this is an edge case unless one is
planning to replicate the voyage of the Kon-Tiki.

Well, I gave two scenarios. The other one was that the user might want
the software two be internet independent after installation, for various
reasons.

If I go to a dessert island, I want to go to a German Chocolate Cake
one.

???
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 09:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 01:07:32 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature.
CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

that's exactly what i said.

What do you want? A prize?

Probably! I didn't though...
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 09:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 01:07:32 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature.
CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

that's exactly what i said.

What do you want? A prize?

Probably! He didn't though...
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/15/2015 2:02 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015 07:03:18 +0200, android wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

Oh, OK. So nospam is correct this is an edge case unless one is
planning to replicate the voyage of the Kon-Tiki.

If I go to a dessert island, I want to go to a German Chocolate Cake
one.

You're more likely to get coconut ice cream. My guess is that a dessert
island would have a freezer.

--
PeterN
Old May 15th 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 5/14/15 PDT 11:06 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015 01:07:31 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

That's what *you* may think it means, but I'm asking android what he
means.

the meaning is obvious.

No one else's meaning of anything is always obvious. You often
prattle on about something when your "obvious" meaning is not what you
stated but what you later say you meant.

it's not only obvious, but he confirmed it to be exactly what i said it
was.

Yeah, I just read that. I asked before he posted that, though.

you're as usual, argue just to argue.

You're as usual [sic], writing incomprehensible sentences.

You, as usual, argue just to argue.

You, as usual, write incomprehensible sentences.

The above offered just to try to improve grammar. No statement towards
either gentleman.
Old May 15th 15, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 5/14/15 PDT 11:02 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015 07:03:18 +0200, android wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

Oh, OK. So nospam is correct this is an edge case unless one is
planning to replicate the voyage of the Kon-Tiki.

If I go to a dessert island, I want to go to a German Chocolate Cake
one.

Well, if I am traveling that far, I'd like Boston Cream Pie, or
strawberries and clotted cream.
Old May 15th 15, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 10:02:21 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

[...]

Just a joke. The sandy thing is a "desert". German Chocolate Cake is
a dessert.

I'm a sloppy typist and the spellchecker didn't catch that!
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

[...]

I think that Android "M" is gonna be "Mango Cream Pie"...
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 5/15/15 PDT 9:27 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015 08:06:39 -0700, John McWilliams
wrote:

On 5/14/15 PDT 11:06 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Fri, 15 May 2015 01:07:31 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

You do know, John, what [sic] indicates?

Of course I do. I realize you were pointing out an error, but there were
two errors, one of punctuation, the other, verb inconsistent.

Then I made a light attempt to show how both sentences could be
improved. Do you not think my phrasing of your sentence is superior?