Ricoh GXR system to offer Leica M module

Old February 2nd 11, 07:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default Ricoh GXR system to offer Leica M module

"Bruce" wrote in message
Ricoh has announced that it will offer a Leica lens mount unit for the
Ricoh GXR system. The new unit will include an APS-C format 12.9MP
CMOS sensor and will feature a newly-developed focal plane shutter.
The Leica GXR lens unit is set to be released Fall 2011. No word yet
on price.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4sbj45y
or:
http://www.photographybay.com/2011/0...ns-mount-unit/

Also at:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4bnm3qf
or:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._305321. html

So will you be getting one?

David

Old February 2nd 11, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

"Bruce" wrote in message
"David J Taylor" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..
Ricoh has announced that it will offer a Leica lens mount unit for the
Ricoh GXR system. The new unit will include an APS-C format 12.9MP
CMOS sensor and will feature a newly-developed focal plane shutter.
The Leica GXR lens unit is set to be released Fall 2011. No word yet
on price.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4sbj45y
or:
http://www.photographybay.com/2011/0...ns-mount-unit/

Also at:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4bnm3qf
or:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk..._305321. html

So will you be getting one?

Probably not, because I want something that delivers the same FOV and
DOF as on 35mm film.

Nothing less will do, so I will wait until I can afford/justify a
Leica M9 or its successor. Until then, I will continue to use film.

Yes, the reduced FoV had been something I felt was against the module.
But it might be something which could let you use the lenses until the M9+
can be bought, if the performance/price is good enough.

Cheers,
David