Olympus devotees deserting brand in droves

Old January 22nd 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Olympus devotees deserting brand in droves

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:09:57 -0500, peter
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 4:22 PM, tony cooper wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:47:53 -0500, peter
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 3:04 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article2011012023504894298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
She will probably be happy with a camera phone.

Not with highly active small kids - fast AF is needed. This is why I
bought a DSLR for her and I chose the lightest one, but she still
complains it's too heavy. During our last holiday she even left the
camera at home. Sigh.

It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Are you suggesting that the wives of the participants here are out on
bond?

"Bond" was used as a synonym for obligation.

I'm more used to the combination of "bound" and "duty" as
"duty-bound".

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 22nd 11, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

On 1/21/2011 3:04 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article2011012023504894298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
She will probably be happy with a camera phone.

Not with highly active small kids - fast AF is needed. This is why I
bought a DSLR for her and I chose the lightest one, but she still
complains it's too heavy. During our last holiday she even left the
camera at home. Sigh.

It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Are you suggesting that the wives of the participants here are out on
bond?

"Bond" was used as a synonym for obligation.

I'm more used to the combination of "bound" and "duty" as
"duty-bound".

There is a serious side to that "bond" and "duty".
See how things go when dealing with years of caregiving, ending with
you having your bedroom set up with a hospital bed for over a year and
all that implies.
Balancing that sort of "in sickness & health" 24/7 caregiving duty,
with duty at work is something I would not wish on anybody.

Savageduck

Old January 22nd 11, 10:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:19:33 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:00:58 +0000, Bruce wrote:

nate bishop wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:50:48 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Most people have an unrealistic expectation of what their snapshot
images should be They want them to appear just like those pro shots
and they can't figure out why they don't.

Is that why none of your snapshots ever look like pro-shots, even
though you claim to use good gear? Every last one of your photos you've
ever posted could have been shot with a cell-phone .... or less.

Nice rant, wrong target. Many of Savageduck's shots are of a very high
standard, and he is certainly among the most capable photographers who
have ever posted to the SI.

"Nate" is our familiar troll. His opinion matters not.

Whatever made you think he has opinions? He would need a brain to be able
to form one.

--
Neil
Linux counter 335851
Old January 22nd 11, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

On 1/21/2011 3:04 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article2011012023504894298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
She will probably be happy with a camera phone.

Not with highly active small kids - fast AF is needed. This is why I
bought a DSLR for her and I chose the lightest one, but she still
complains it's too heavy. During our last holiday she even left the
camera at home. Sigh.

It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Are you suggesting that the wives of the participants here are out on
bond?

"Bond" was used as a synonym for obligation.

I'm more used to the combination of "bound" and "duty" as
"duty-bound".

The phrase you suggested is more commonly used. However in this context
I felt my phrasing more appropriate. Just my judgment call.

--
Peter
Old January 22nd 11, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 2011-01-21 20:56:40 -0800, tony cooper

wrote:

[...]

Sadly, you are speaking from first hand knowledge.

--
Peter
Old January 23rd 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

At 6:10 PM on the date Saturday, January 22, 2011 A.D., the undersigned
read, but may not have understood, the following post in which his
highly esteemed correspondent,George Kerby wrote:
[attributions I goofed on....]

Question: if a man is alone in the forest and there is no woman around,
is he still wrong?

Always.

ABSOLUTELY!

In the opinion of the woman be she 'round or not 'round......

--
John McWilliams

Old January 23rd 11, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-01-22 18:11:49 -0800, John McWilliams said:

At 6:10 PM on the date Saturday, January 22, 2011 A.D., the undersigned
read, but may not have understood, the following post in which his
highly esteemed correspondent,George Kerby wrote:
[attributions I goofed on....]

Question: if a man is alone in the forest and there is no woman around,
is he still wrong?

Always.

ABSOLUTELY!

In the opinion of the woman be she 'round or not 'round......

It's all in how you roll.

Savageduck

Old January 23rd 11, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Wolfgang
Weisselberg says...

That must be why large format, medium format and 35mm format
have all died out many years ago, not even being used where it
is advantageous to use such a camera. :-)

Large and medium format cameras and even full frame cameras do of course
exist, but the numbers are very small.

Compared to ground cars, planes exist but their number is very
small, too. Doesn't mean you can easily cross the Atlantic
or Pacific in a car.

-Wolfgang
Old January 23rd 11, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , John A. says...

I wonder what the numbers would be if all cameras cost the same.

More in favour of more capable cameras.

My wife wouldn't walk around with a medium format camera even if you
paid her for it.

Your wife is, fortunately, not the gold standard of everything.

-Wolfgang
Old January 23rd 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2011.01.22 21:46 , Savageduck wrote:

It's all in how you roll.

Around here it seems to be how you troll.

And Rich has got all of you dancing like marionettes.

You too 'duck, sad to say.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.