Olympus devotees deserting brand in droves

Old January 21st 11, 09:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default Olympus devotees deserting brand in droves

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:00:58 +0000, Bruce
wrote:

nate bishop wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:50:48 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Most people have an unrealistic expectation of what their snapshot
images should be They want them to appear just like those pro shots and
they can't figure out why they don't.

Is that why none of your snapshots ever look like pro-shots, even though
you claim to use good gear? Every last one of your photos you've ever
posted could have been shot with a cell-phone .... or less.

Nice rant, wrong target. Many of Savageduck's shots are of a very
high standard, and he is certainly among the most capable
photographers who have ever posted to the SI.

"Nate" is our familiar troll. His opinion matters not.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 21st 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:47:53 -0500, peter
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 3:04 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article2011012023504894298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
She will probably be happy with a camera phone.

Not with highly active small kids - fast AF is needed. This is why I
bought a DSLR for her and I chose the lightest one, but she still
complains it's too heavy. During our last holiday she even left the
camera at home. Sigh.

It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Are you suggesting that the wives of the participants here are out on
bond?

(just celebrated our 50th and have lots of bad images for the SI.)

An unfortunate juxtaposition of comments. I'm sure you have some good
mental images of those 50 years.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 21st 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nate bishop

wrote:

Most people have an unrealistic expectation of what their snapshot
images should be They want them to appear just like those pro shots and
they can't figure out why they don't.

Is that why none of your snapshots ever look like pro-shots, even though
you claim to use good gear? Every last one of your photos you've ever
posted could have been shot with a cell-phone .... or less.

Nice rant, wrong target. Many of Savageduck's shots are of a very
high standard, and he is certainly among the most capable
photographers who have ever posted to the SI.

"Nate" is our familiar troll. His opinion matters not.

Too bad that the "ostrich with its head in the sand" analogy was invented
by morons viewing nesting ostriches from a distance. Viewers who were too
stupid to realize that the ostrich was checking the safety of its eggs in
the shallow depression where it nested. Its head being hid by the low
hummock of soil around its nest. This commonly ignorant meaning further
popularized by even complete more morons. Then I could use that analogy to
explain the existence of useless talentless ****s like you who are
desperately trying to justify their useless and meaningless existence.
Old January 21st 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nate bishop

wrote:

[...]

popularized by even more complete more morons. Then I could use that
Old January 21st 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nate bishop

wrote:

[...]

popularized by even more complete morons. Then I could use that analogy to
Old January 21st 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-01-21 15:17:43 -0800, Alfred Molon said:

In article , peter
says...
It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Question: if a man is alone in the forest and there is no woman around,
is he still wrong?

Only if he hasn't checked with the bear.

Savageduck

Old January 22nd 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

On 1/21/2011 3:04 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article2011012023504894298-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
She will probably be happy with a camera phone.

Not with highly active small kids - fast AF is needed. This is why I
bought a DSLR for her and I chose the lightest one, but she still
complains it's too heavy. During our last holiday she even left the
camera at home. Sigh.

It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Are you suggesting that the wives of the participants here are out on
bond?

"Bond" was used as a synonym for obligation.

(just celebrated our 50th and have lots of bad images for the SI.)

An unfortunate juxtaposition of comments. I'm sure you have some good
mental images of those 50 years.

Yup! I should have phrased that more particularly.
I do have a lot of good mental images of the 50+ years, together with
some good images from our trip to FL and cruise.

--
Peter
Old January 22nd 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 1/21/2011 6:17 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In , peter
says...
It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Question: if a man is alone in the forest and there is no woman around,
is he still wrong?

Always.

--
Peter
Old January 22nd 11, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

wrote:

[...]

Oops! I meant articulately. Damn dyslexic fingers.

--
Peter
Old January 22nd 11, 03:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 1/21/11 8:11 PM, in article
, "peter"
wrote:

On 1/21/2011 6:17 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In , peter
says...
It too me many years to learn that wives somehow feel it their bond and
duty to complain :-)

Question: if a man is alone in the forest and there is no woman around,
is he still wrong?

Always.

ABSOLUTELY!