Fingal Head panorama

Old January 28th 11, 01:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
peter

Default Fingal Head panorama

On 1/28/2011 5:58 AM, Troy Piggins wrote:
* Noons wrote :
Troy Piggins wrote,on my timestamp of 27/01/2011 10:27 PM:
Quite pleased with this one. Recommend you check out the larger
one if you're interested. 11 shot panorama.

1000px wide version:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...ff14c397_b.jpg

Large sized 3800px or so wide:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...b174bf23_o.jpg

Nice! Fingal head? Is that in Port Stephens?

Thanks mate. No, it's far north coast of NSW, just on the south
side of Tweed River.

Took a peek at your home page. There are some shots I really liked.

Photo Art. the Salt lighthouse.

Humanistic: Your son looks like a happy baby. Can't believe he grew that
much since you first posted a shot of him. Enjoy.

--
Peter
Old January 29th 11, 10:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Noons

Troy Piggins wrote,on my timestamp of 28/01/2011 9:58 PM:

Nice! Fingal head? Is that in Port Stephens?

Thanks mate. No, it's far north coast of NSW, just on the south
side of Tweed River.

Ding-ding! In Port Stephens it's Fingal Bay, not Head.
Sorry, got my geography upside down.
Old January 29th 11, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Murray Daniels

Scintillating pics Troy - love it.

--
Troy Piggins

Old January 29th 11, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
peter

On 1/29/2011 5:21 AM, Noons wrote:
Troy Piggins wrote,on my timestamp of 28/01/2011 9:58 PM:

Nice! Fingal head? Is that in Port Stephens?

Thanks mate. No, it's far north coast of NSW, just on the south
side of Tweed River.

Ding-ding! In Port Stephens it's Fingal Bay, not Head.
Sorry, got my geography upside down.

That's OK. You Aussies are always upside down. ;-)

--
Peter
Old January 29th 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_47_]

* peter wrote :
On 1/28/2011 5:58 AM, Troy Piggins wrote:
[---=| Quote block shrinked by t-prot: 11 lines snipped |=---]
Nice! Fingal head? Is that in Port Stephens?

Thanks mate. No, it's far north coast of NSW, just on the south
side of Tweed River.

Took a peek at your home page. There are some shots I really liked.

Photo Art. the Salt lighthouse.

Humanistic: Your son looks like a happy baby. Can't believe he grew that
much since you first posted a shot of him. Enjoy.

Thanks mate. He is growing fast. Reckon he'll be walking in a
month or 2.

--
Troy Piggins
Old January 29th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_47_]

* Murray Daniels wrote :
Scintillating pics Troy - love it.

Thanks mate. It's a beautiful spot.

--
Troy Piggins
Old February 2nd 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_48_]

* John A wrote :
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 21:27:36 +1000, Troy Piggins
wrote:

Quite pleased with this one. Recommend you check out the larger
one if you're interested. 11 shot panorama.

1000px wide version:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...ff14c397_b.jpg

Large sized 3800px or so wide:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...b174bf23_o.jpg

Heh... When I first saw this I was trying to figure out where it was,
having assumed "Fingal" was the brand of a pano head you had just
acquired or were testing.

Aah, sorry about that. Heh. Maybe I should have called it
"Manfrotto 488RC2 Ballhead panorama"

--
Troy Piggins
Old February 3rd 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo
Troy Piggins[_48_]

* Annika1980 wrote :
On Jan 27, 6:27Â*am, Troy Piggins wrote:
Quite pleased with this one. Â*Recommend you check out the larger
one if you're interested. Â*11 shot panorama.

1000px wide version:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...ff14c397_b.jpg

Large sized 3800px or so wide:http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/...b174bf23_o.jpg

Very well done! Maybe even too well done as the shot makes me keep
wanting to see more of what is at the bottom.
Next time you'll have to do a multiple row pano.

Thanks mate. Was extremely happy to get this right "in camera"
with filters. Sorry about not getting more foreground along the
bottom. One of my regrets too. Kind of rushed this pano because
the Sun was coming up and wanted to get some other shots of it.

--
Troy Piggins