Pentax Optio (released in Sept. 2004)

Old November 19th 04, 04:15 PM
rufus

Default Pentax Optio (released in Sept. 2004)

I have been looking at the Pentax Optio that was released in
September, 2004.

It has 4 MP and 10X optical zoom. BUT NO IMAGE STABILIZATION.

I would think with that much optical zoom stabilization would be
critical.

Am I wrong?

Just wondering if I should consider buying this cam anyway. I found
one at a really good price.

thanx
Old November 20th 04, 01:03 PM
Tom R.

"rufus" wrote in message
om...
I have been looking at the Pentax Optio that was released in
September, 2004.

It has 4 MP and 10X optical zoom. BUT NO IMAGE STABILIZATION.

I would think with that much optical zoom stabilization would be
critical.

Am I wrong?

Just wondering if I should consider buying this cam anyway. I found
one at a really good price.

thanx

thanx,
Are you steady enough to hold it still to get off a shot when the shutter
speed is less than, say, 1/250th second? In a breeze? When you're tired from
shooting for prolonged periods? That 10X can present a problem unless you
use a tripod. Now you're carrying the extra weight plus you've paid for a
tripod. Maybe spend the extra cash on a camera with IS.
If I was shooting sports from a stadium seat I'd go IS. If landscapes,
perhaps not.
Lots of variables/tradeoffs to analyze and only you know how you will
use the camera.

Tom