[SI] Shoot-In: "Roadkill" is now up

Old August 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

Default Shoot-In: "Roadkill" is now up

wrote in message
oups.com...

Kinon O'cann wrote:
My picture stinks.

Sorry, I just had to be the first one to say it.

Bowser

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
.9...

...at http://www.pbase.com/shootin/roadkill of course.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

IMHO I think you are far too hard on yourself. The pic is very sharp
and suits the topic of the shoot-in exactly. A sad pic, (I hate seeing
animals killed by cars), but reality in the world.
Helen

Like That_Rich said, a little play on words. My shot is just a semi-humorous
snapshot. That reeks.

Old August 9th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

"That_Rich"

Skunk = stinks
Dead skunk = stinks real bad

Had a skunk die in a basement window-well. Thought to
ignore it [turn the air-conditioning on, seal the windows]
until flies finished with the carcass and the problem
went away. But it didn't go away -- it deliquesced.

Liquid skunk == You would not believe

Buried the scoopable remains in a grave while
vomiting profusely. The first grave wasn't deep
enough and I had to dig it up and bury it deeper.

A gallon of Clorox poured into the window well was the
only thing that got rid of the stench.

Lesson: bury dead skunks immediately.

Old August 9th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

That_Rich wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 10:59:08 -0700, "JimKramer" wrote:

That_Rich wrote:
On 9 Aug 2006 04:53:54 -0700, "JimKramer" wrote:

While it is true that Al lives about 4 miles, as the crow flies, 9 as
the car drives (North Carolina doesn't believe in straight roads), my
image was captured about 90 miles from my house just outside of Hanging
Rock State Park. Sooooo, I just don't see how Al and I could have
coincidentally been at the same geographical point on the globe at that
time. Besides, that slacker hasn't even submitted an image yet.

So are you saying the *redneck* in your photo is not Al?

RPŠ

It's Al, just no coincidence, we went to shoot the waterfalls.

Thought so.....I'd recognize that handsome devil anywhere.

RPŠ

The rose colored glasses are just a bit too rosey :-)
Jim

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

IMHO I think you are far too hard on yourself. The pic is very sharp
and suits the topic of the shoot-in exactly. A sad pic, (I hate seeing
animals killed by cars), but reality in the world.
Helen

What would the vultures eat if it weren't for road kill?

LOL yes this is true. (how could they eat skunk?! the smell alone makes
me vomit). :^0

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

IMHO I think you are far too hard on yourself. The pic is very sharp
and suits the topic of the shoot-in exactly. A sad pic, (I hate seeing
animals killed by cars), but reality in the world.

Skunk = stinks
Dead skunk = stinks real bad

RPŠ

You got that right! the smell seems to linger for the longest time.

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

IMHO I think you are far too hard on yourself. The pic is very sharp
and suits the topic of the shoot-in exactly. A sad pic, (I hate seeing
animals killed by cars), but reality in the world.
Helen

What would the vultures eat if it weren't for road kill?

LOL yes this is true. (how could they eat skunk?! the smell alone makes
me vomit). :^0

You all haven't smelled anything as bad as vulture vomit. :-) And yes,
I have.

Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

IMHO I think you are far too hard on yourself. The pic is very sharp
and suits the topic of the shoot-in exactly. A sad pic, (I hate seeing
animals killed by cars), but reality in the world.
Helen

Like That_Rich said, a little play on words. My shot is just a semi-humorous
snapshot. That reeks.

In my book, anyone who has the guts to open a car window to take a shot
and risk having the smell of dead skunk in their nostrils all day long,
deserves credit.
Helen

Old August 9th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
no_name

JimKramer wrote:

no_name wrote:

JimKramer wrote:

While it is true that Al lives about 4 miles, as the crow flies, 9 as
the car drives (North Carolina doesn't believe in straight roads)

Yeah? What about I-40 between mileposts 390 & 391? That's a straight road!

OTOH, straight roads are boring and over-rated. Give me a nice wiggly
road with something interesting around the next curve any time over a
boring straight line road where the scenery is like being number two on
a sled dog team.

I grew up and learned to drive in an area where most of the roads were
straight and orthogonal. The exceptions were clearly labeled: River
Road ran along the river and you didn't expect it to be straight,
Circular Street clearly wasn't straight, though not a complete
circle.

Getting used to NC roads and naming (who, in their right mind. would
really find it necessary to name the same road five different things
along 2 miles of roadway) took a bit of adjustment.

Jim

We only started doing that about time RTP started importing yankees,
just so's to confuse them. The locals all know the roads anyway, so we
don't need the names. ;-D

Old August 9th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Walter Banks

I once had a 6 month old miniature schnauzer have an unfortunate encounter with a skunk that he mistook for a potential playmate. He made a beeline to the most secure place he knew, behind the clothes in a walk in closet. Months later . . .

Skunk = stinks
Dead skunk = stinks real bad

Old August 9th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
no_name

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

"That_Rich"

Skunk = stinks
Dead skunk = stinks real bad

Had a skunk die in a basement window-well. Thought to
ignore it [turn the air-conditioning on, seal the windows]
until flies finished with the carcass and the problem
went away. But it didn't go away -- it deliquesced.

Liquid skunk == You would not believe

Buried the scoopable remains in a grave while
vomiting profusely. The first grave wasn't deep
enough and I had to dig it up and bury it deeper.

A gallon of Clorox poured into the window well was the
only thing that got rid of the stench.

Lesson: bury dead skunks immediately.

FWIW, the traditional antidote to eue de skunk is bathing in tomato juice.