Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Review, February 2006

Old February 21st 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Review, February 2006

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Review, February 2006

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz7/

Some improvements over the FZ5, but nothing to cause me to need to
upgrade. The better movies probably make it a better all-round camera,
though.

David

Old February 21st 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:37:43 GMT, David J Taylor wrote:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Review, February 2006

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz7/

Some improvements over the FZ5, but nothing to cause me to need to
upgrade. The better movies probably make it a better all-round camera,
though.

For me, the manual focus and the joystick would be a bigger incentive.
Manual control on the FZ5 takes a bit of getting used to. But, as you
say, not a big enough jump to warrant upgrading.

I also note that Canon announced the S3IS today. Similar specs to the
FZ7, but listing at $100 more.

-dms
Old February 21st 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

wrote:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7 Review, February 2006

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz7/

Some improvements over the FZ5, but nothing to cause me to need to
upgrade. The better movies probably make it a better all-round
camera, though.

For me, the manual focus and the joystick would be a bigger incentive.
Manual control on the FZ5 takes a bit of getting used to. But, as you
say, not a big enough jump to warrant upgrading.

I also note that Canon announced the S3IS today. Similar specs to the
FZ7, but listing at $100 more.

-dms

Just looked at the Canon. Looks like another tart-me-up job. As the
optics are unchanged, I expect the Panasonic will win out on image quality
and price, and the Canon on gimmicks (although it would have been nice to
see a swivel LCD finder on the Panasonic).

David

Old February 22nd 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:35:03 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

Just looked at the Canon. Looks like another tart-me-up job. As the
optics are unchanged, I expect the Panasonic will win out on image quality
and price, and the Canon on gimmicks (although it would have been nice to
see a swivel LCD finder on the Panasonic).

It would also have been nice to see a provision for external flash
sync.

C'mon, folks, I understand product differentiation, but you can't
tell me that including a humble PC connector would destroy your entire
marketing strategy, could you?

Tom