bottles to use for C-41?

Old May 27th 04, 11:51 PM
Nick Zentena

Default bottles to use for C-41?

Does it matter? I'm going to use the developer one shot. I'm
leaning towards using the stop one shot. That leaves fix and bleach. It
seems the bleach likes oxygen. So does that mean plastic bottles are okay?
How about the fixer?

Thanks
Nick
Old May 28th 04, 05:03 PM
Francis A. Miniter

Hi Nick,

I use glass for all my developer bottles to reduce oxidation. I too use
C-41 one-shot, but refrigerate what is left for the next use. With
glass and refirgeration, I can get a reasonable period of time out of
the batch. I don't worry so much about the blix. It even stays at room
temperature and has been known to last from 6 months to a year.,
depending on the number of films developed.

Francis A. Miniter

Old May 29th 04, 12:42 PM
Nick Zentena

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
Hi Nick,

I use glass for all my developer bottles to reduce oxidation. I too use
C-41 one-shot, but refrigerate what is left for the next use. With
glass and refirgeration, I can get a reasonable period of time out of
the batch. I don't worry so much about the blix. It even stays at room
temperature and has been known to last from 6 months to a year.,
depending on the number of films developed.

I'm planning on sizing the batch to the amount of film I'm developing.
I'm used to doing that with B&W developer so I figure I'll do the same with
colour. I've got everything but the missing in the mail scale right now.
It's causing me to think about all the little issues I'd usually just not
waste any time with.

On the bleach I read something like " re-use until it doesn't bleach
anymore" Now how can I tell if it's not bleaching? What should I look for?

Thanks
Nick