[SI] Shoot-In: Drive-Through service

Old July 22nd 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Al Denelsbeck

Default [SI] Shoot-In: Drive-Through service

Greetings, brethren! Our sermon for today comes to us from the Book
of Bret, Chapter 1V, verse 20D:

"Roadkill.

Defined as any photograph taken from a car window. Motorcycle and bicycle
roadkill shots will also be acceptable, of course. Oh yeah, no archived
images for this one!"

And we may ask what St Douglas meant by that, and we will receive the
answer, "None of your frickin' business," by which is meant, "I have no
idea, so figure it out on your own"

So let us bow our heads to clean our lenses, go forth, and expose.
And don't forget about the picnic next Saturday; bring a covered dish, and
know ye that those who bring potato salad are destined for eternal fire.

Are you lost, my child? Then get thee hence to
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/roadkill and
http://si.jlkramer.net/rulz/rulz.htm and accept this into your heart. When
the submission plate comes around on August 6, give freely so that you may
be saved.

Rock on.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old July 22nd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"Al Denelsbeck" wrote:

Greetings, brethren! Our sermon for today comes to us from
the Book of Bret, Chapter 1V, verse 20D:

"Roadkill.

Defined as any photograph taken from a car window.
Motorcycle and bicycle roadkill shots will also be acceptable,
of course. Oh yeah, no archived images for this one!"

I like it.

'Gonna play hell with my 4x5, though...

Ken

Old July 22nd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Shoot-In: Drive-Through service

Ken Nadvornick wrote:
"Al Denelsbeck" wrote:

Greetings, brethren! Our sermon for today comes to us from
the Book of Bret, Chapter 1V, verse 20D:

"Roadkill.

Defined as any photograph taken from a car window.
Motorcycle and bicycle roadkill shots will also be acceptable,
of course. Oh yeah, no archived images for this one!"

I like it.

'Gonna play hell with my 4x5, though...

Ken

Just get someone else to drive, and set the tripod up in the back of a
pick up truck. Make sure you strap it down though...

Old July 22nd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Ken Nadvornick wrote:
I like it.

'Gonna play hell with my 4x5, though...

Ken

What, you don't have a beanbag for that thing?

Old July 22nd 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"Annika1980" wrote:

What, you don't have a beanbag for that [4x5] thing?

Nah... Always considered it a small foramt camera anyway. What I really
need for this mandate is one of these:

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/Hobo/welcome.htm

Ken

Old July 23rd 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Ken Nadvornick wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote:

What, you don't have a beanbag for that [4x5] thing?

Nah... Always considered it a small foramt camera anyway. What I really
need for this mandate is one of these:

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/Hobo/welcome.htm

Ken

That's the one I'd use if I ever got into large format. Something I can
bang around in my trunk.

Old July 24th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"Annika1980" wrote:

That's the one I'd use if I ever got into large format. Something
I can bang around in my trunk.

It's another one of the many, many fascinating and different approaches to
photography. One should never allow oneself to become creatively or
intellectually cornered by a single method or technology. (That statement
is intentionally directed, but not at you...)

Large format B&W film commercial processing is hard to find, but also not
really needed. If you ever decide to give the Hobo a try, I'll process and
proof your initial B&W efforts for cost just to get you going.

(Offer only good for Bret.)

Ken

Old July 26th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Ken Nadvornick wrote:
What I really need for this mandate is one of these:

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/Hobo/welcome.htm

Ken

Found this on their website and thought it apropos:

More than one photographer lives by the dictum: "If you can't drive to
it, screw it!"