Non-Canon photo papers for PIXMA iP8500?

Old April 5th 05, 02:28 PM
Patrick

dry I spray them with Lysons 'Print Guard' which makes them water
resistant and give it some UV protection ( I held one test print under
running water, and it just beads and runs off. Dried it with a towel and
you'd never know it had been near water.)

Does Print Guard dull the gloss?

Not in the slightest

Old April 5th 05, 10:02 PM
Rick \(Saga 35\)

I use the Hammermill Jetprint on my Pixma i8500. I think it is a little bit
better to the same as Canon Pro, and about half the price. I only use the
Canon inks (8 cartridges). The Jetprint is usually only available in 8.5x11,
which is perfect for me. Staples usually carries Jetprint.

Shoot well!

"tomviolin" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a Canon PIXMA iP8500.

Does anyone have any experience using inkjet photo papers other than
Canon brand in this or a similar printer? For example, Kodak papers or
store brands like Office Max photo paper?

I have found the Canon-brand papers to be more expensive with less
variety than, say, HP.

I do have some HP glossy Brochure and Flyer paper lying around, but I
just can't get acceptable results with it on the Canon.

Help, Anyone?

Old April 5th 05, 11:08 PM
measekite

Rick (Saga 35) wrote:

I use the Hammermill Jetprint on my Pixma i8500. I think it is a little bit
better to the same as Canon Pro, and about half the price. I only use the
Canon inks (8 cartridges). The Jetprint is usually only available in 8.5x11,
which is perfect for me. Staples usually carries Jetprint.

First JetPrint 24# is not photo paper but inkjetpaper. I use it all of
the time but now I can't. I went to Office Depot and Staples and it was
not there. I then contacted International Paper, the parent company of
Hamermill. Unfortunately, they decided it was not selling enough and
discontinued. I went around with them telling them that it was by far
the best paper, the smoothest paper, and the brightest white. They
still discontinued it.

Maybe you might have bought the last of it. I wish I knew where to get
some of the left overs.

Shoot well!

roups.com...

Old April 6th 05, 02:30 AM
Ben Thomas

tomviolin wrote:
I just purchased a Canon PIXMA iP8500.

Does anyone have any experience using inkjet photo papers other than
Canon brand in this or a similar printer? For example, Kodak papers or
store brands like Office Max photo paper?

I have found the Canon-brand papers to be more expensive with less
variety than, say, HP.

I do have some HP glossy Brochure and Flyer paper lying around, but I
just can't get acceptable results with it on the Canon.

Help, Anyone?

HP and Kodak paper do not work well with the fast Canon printers because the ink
doesn't get absorbed fast enough and pools as a result.

Ben