Hardware is getting tiring. Time to shoot!

Old October 21st 04, 07:37 PM
Collin Brendemuehl

Default Hardware is getting tiring. Time to shoot!

I've been thinking this way for some time and Tom V (on Pentax PDML)
gave me that nudge over the line. Time to stop dealing with hardware
& always looking for that next goodie.

135 for color:
Super Program

135 for b&w:
KX

135 lenses:
FA50/1.4, A70-210/4, A100/2.8, A35/2, Sigma 28/2.8
generic 28-80 zoom, M75-150 zoom

135 general purpose:
Canon G-III QL17

6x6:
Yashicmat 124

LF bodies:
4x5 Nagaoka wood field
8x10 Kodak 2D

LF lenses:
(4x5) Ilex 90/8, Rodenstock Ysarex 135
(8x10) 12" Ilex Paragon, APO Nikkor 360/9
(both) Fujinon 210/5.6

Lighting:
Canon Canolite D, Pentax AF200T, Sunpak 611(2), background, stands &
umbrellas, and a neat little Panasonic flash/slave, the likes of which
I've never seen since.

I'm set probably for life, except perhaps for possible breakdowns or
breakage. Film & chemicals are all I should be buying in general for
a long time. This is enough. I got into developing software because
hardware was too frustrating.
Photography is getting the same way. Time to produce instead of
handle.

So when you guys doing digital get frustrated because of the lack of
durable history, I'll have a stack of negatives to set beside your
scratched CDs/DVDs.

What I've learned is this: There's too much out there. Stop buying &
go shoot!
Tonight I'm going to build the needed lensboard for the Nikkor & a
piggy-back board to use the 210 on the 8x10. Saturdays are "Shooting
Days".

TIA,

Collin
Old October 22nd 04, 12:03 PM