"GOOD DAY SONSHINE" :-)

Old June 29th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default "GOOD DAY SONSHINE" :-)

Night before yesterday (June 26th, but the sun was still up on a hot
hazy day between about 7 and 8 P.M.) I shot not so much of a sequel as
a son of/heir to "NEOTENY" and "I SHOT R.M."and my "FOREVER ELVIS"
shot (not on my website) whose tentative title is "SHOWDOWN". :-)

I used my Pentax MZ-S with 20-35/4 FA lens at about 20mm, some
versions taken withmy AF 360 FGZ Pentax flash and some not. Kodak Gold
200 (which seems slightly finer-grained than the version 6/previous
version but not quite as sharp).* Sun in my glasses/haziness made fine
focusing a problem though doable.

Don't have a scan and don't really want any trolls (who know who they
are) commenting on it but I'd be happy to show the prints to those I
know/_trust_ and/or those in the NYC area.

One of the better (surreal) shots I've done in a while.

Just thought I'd mention this for "history's sake". :-)

Regards,

Lewis

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn.hrm

"LEWISVISION"

*The Pentax Zoom is good (at the 20mm end) but after the results I get
from the 50/1.4 SMC-M lens
I still am looking for a _superb_ 20/21/24?mm that won't break my bank
(which excepts
most Leica/Zeiss ffls or zooms :-()

Old June 29th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

"Once I shot a Leica in my pajamas... how it got into my pajamas, I'll
never know"...

Old June 29th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

[...]

"What's the sound of one hand clapping in a forest if nobody is there
to hear it?

Ektar 25"

Its a Koan for the film impaired. :-)

Old June 29th 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"Lewis" wrote:

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn.hrm

"LEWISVISION"

Eeeek! Is LewisVision broke??

Ken

Old June 29th 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Old June 29th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Paul Furman wrote:
Ken Nadvornick wrote:

"Lewis" wrote:

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn.hrm

"LEWISVISION"

Eeeek! Is LewisVision broke??

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn/

Thanks Paul for the link :-).

Sorry Ken. 'My bad.' I must have hit a typo - previous/original
Lewisvision link should have been:

http://members.aol.com/Lewisvisn.htm

The "r" in "hrm" should have been a "t" as in "htm" :-).

There are some broken links within the site but this is summer time
and my heart, hands and camera are fixed on shooting right now :-).

Regards,

Lewis(vision ;-))

Old June 30th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson

wrote:

[...]

Welcome back, Lewis! Usenet was a much poorer place without you!

The lens I would recommend is the Carl Zeiss (Jena) 20mm f/2.8 MC
which comes in M42 screw mount. It works fine with Pentax K mount
SLRs using the M42 to K adapter, provided that you can tolerate
stopped-down metering (I have a feeling that this would not be a
problem for you).

Plus, it won't break the bank. ;-)

Old June 30th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 30, 8:41 am, Alan Browne
Night before yesterday (June 26th, but the sun was still up on a hot

Hey Lewis! Finally recovered from the power failure of 2005?

Cheers,
Alan

--
-- r.p.e.35mm user resource:http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
-- r.p.d.slr-systems:http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm

The power failure of 2005 was probably an AOL failure to keep its easy
newsreader going and my ancient '94 computer and almost as ancient
7.5.2? Mac OS...

All I can tell you is that my people photography is recovering/getting
better in the 21st century (depends on how you define "better", I
geuss) since LEWISVISION opened and that now, literally, thank God, I
am doing more of it regardless of the outcome :-).

Regards,

Lewis

Old June 30th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 30, 1:32 pm, Tony Polson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thank you, haven't seen your face (words) in a while too, How are you?

The lens I would recommend is the Carl Zeiss (Jena) 20mm f/2.8 MC
which comes in M42 screw mount. It works fine with Pentax K mount
SLRs using the M42 to K adapter, provided that you can tolerate
stopped-down metering (I have a feeling that this would not be a
problem for you).

Plus, it won't break the bank. ;-)- Hide quoted text -

I was actually consiering this lens (or was there a Schneider of the
same focal length just like it?) but was hoping for at least a K mount
(no stopped down metering). Would you know how either the Zeiss Jena
20 (I am geussing this is the old screw mount from the '70s, not one
of the newer ZS (Zeiss screw mount)lens line that has been
"revivified"?, compares with either the two Pentaxes 20/2.8 FA or
20/2.8 A (assuming this is the same lens design as the FA) in terms of
resolution, contrast, color rendition/saturation, etc.?

It may be just me but I think that the newer Kodacolor 200 v. 7,
though finer grained than v. 6 is slightly less sharp, but the
conditions were more than slightly shazy and the sun was coming from
my back, reflected into my glasses which might have made it more
difficult to precisely focus the 20-35's f/4 lens on my MZ-S than
normal. All I know is that my 20-35 on a tripod with flash (as opposed
to handheld with flash as in this shot) is very good to excellent in
sharpness vs. the OK to good sharpness in my "SHOWDOWN" shot. I also
realise, in that making the newer K 200 a finer RMS that maybe the
evenness/smoothness of the granularity may make the sharpness appear
less sharp since the eye doesn't have the hard edges of the grain to
lock onto. It would be apity if I would have to switch to a new film,
yet _again_, just becuse Kodak "improved" the old film (in some areas)
fineness of grain and "dis-improved" the film in other areas
(sharpness and possibly saturation according to the density numbers on
the 3 layers vs. the grainy slightly older v. 6 of the film). I am
also testing out (when I find subject matter worthy enough) the new
160 VC which _may_ have finer grain, better saturation and sharpness
than Kodacolor 200 but at nearly _twice!?_ the price. I may have to
"EeeK" bye with Kodacolor 200 for its price advantage (which ='s twice
as much film for the same price as 160 VC) and buy/test "new" used
20mm (or 24mm?) ffl lenses that would give me that extra bite of
sharpness/contrast/color saturation/clarity over my zoom all the time
regardless of film I used. Strange as I find myself saying this after
bouncing back and forth between Kodak and Fuji (mostly, with
occaisional trips to Agfa and other lands) and my preference for
slides (yet still bouncing back and forth between slide film and color
neg film (for its greater latitude and quality vs. speed) I find
myself preferring the Kodak pallette, especially on skin tones.
Figures, just as I start loving a film, they end up "improving it"...

For me its alway been a balance between quality and price and it may
mean me having to shoot a more expensive (Zeiss? Other?) lens if I
want to keep my film/processing expenditures under control since no
one else is paying for this passion except for me ;-)...

It may boil down to me having to eventually bite the bullet and bye a
21mm Contax lens for either my Contax SLR system or a Contax G camera
but I'd prefer to keep it "All In The (Pentax) Family" and ideally an
AF mount if possible to get maximum versatility out of my two Pentax
AF SLRs.

All (extra) advice appreciated, yet again.

Regards and best wishes/happy shooting,

Lewis