b&w developing canister/reel 120 question

Old April 25th 04, 04:33 AM
photo

Default b&w developing canister/reel 120 question

On the bottom of my Paterson developing tank it say that it takes 500mL of
developer for each roll of 120 film.

Is it possible to advance the first roll of film then load a second film on
the same reel?
Will this decrease the strength of the developer and require more time, or
is this "500mL/roll" recommendation only concerning volume of liquids?

-ML

Old April 25th 04, 06:31 AM
RWatson767

ML
b&w developing canister/reel 120 question

Will this decrease the strength of the developer and require more time, or is
this "500mL/roll" recommendation only concerning volume of liquids?

It has to be considered. There is information available for this but it is
simpler ro have a two reel tank and the second reel.
Bob AZ

Old April 25th 04, 10:20 PM
Dan Quinn

"photo" wrote

On the bottom of my Paterson developing tank it say that it takes 500mL of
developer for each roll of 120 film.

Is it possible to advance the first roll of film then load a second film on
the same reel?

Will the reel acomadate two 120s? It may not be so easy. Be extra sure
the reel is dry.

Will this decrease the strength of the developer and require more time, or
is this "500mL/roll" recommendation only concerning volume of liquids?

500ml, does it say /roll? 500ml/single 120/220 reel would be more
correct. Develop as do those who process 220. I use developer very dilute
and would need 1000ml but 500ml of D-76 at a 1:1 dilution should do. Dan
Old April 25th 04, 11:00 PM
Fire Ball

The 500ml is a volume thing. If you put any less in then the film will not
be completely covered. Stick 500ml in the tank and then drop the reel in and
you will see what I mean.

FireBall