Java certification - is it still necessary to land a job?

Old February 5th 05, 02:43 AM
Wiseguy

Default Java certification - is it still necessary to land a job?

"Lisa Horton" wrote in
ups.com:

Java certification - is it still necessary to land a job? ... or, is
it just a money-maker? Is it worth spending the money on the books and
the exam?

certification, living in India, working very cheaply, being a "yes man",
being willing to work 14 hours days 7 days a week...they are all necessary
to work in the comptuer field.

Old February 9th 05, 02:21 PM
Jon Caldwell

Lisa Horton wrote:
Java certification - is it still necessary to land a job? ... or, is
it just a money-maker? Is it worth spending the money on the books and
the exam?

Not necessary, but some people like to see it.
Old February 9th 05, 07:29 PM
Jeroen Wenting

"Jon Caldwell" wrote in message
Lisa Horton wrote:
Java certification - is it still necessary to land a job? ... or, is
it just a money-maker? Is it worth spending the money on the books and
the exam?

Not necessary, but some people like to see it.

What's this doing in this group?
But to give an answer:
if you want to have food on the table you should land a job.
Certification may help you past the first round of resume selection and
might help you get an interview.
It's worth spending on, despite having been working professionally in Java
since 1999 I still learned new things when studying for the exam (which I've
scheduled for one month from today).
Whether knowledge is to you enough reason I can't tell, for me it was worth
it.

--
Jeroen Wenting
jwenting at hornet dot demon dot nl