Converter for SD Cards from smart media.

Old September 18th 04, 04:34 PM
zxcvar

Default Converter for SD Cards from smart media.

Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
Media card/CF media card?

Thanks
Old September 18th 04, 06:52 PM
Nostrobino

"zxcvar" wrote in message
m...
Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
Media card/CF media card?

Thanks

Any of the many 6-way (or 7-way, or 8-way etc.) card readers should easily
copy the files from one to the other. They can take SmartMedia cards in one
slot, SD cards in another and CompactFlash in another, and see them all as
separate drives. So it's just like copying files from one disk drive to
another.

Just tried it now with my Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader, with all three
types of cards. They show up on my computer as drives E (SmartMedia), G
(Secure Digital) and I (Compact Flash), and I just copied a JPEG file from
the SM card to the SD card and from that to the CF card. No problem.

If you want to actually convert the card itself (e.g., for a printer that
takes only CF cards and you only have SM, or something like that), there are
various adapters. One of my Epson printers came with two card adapters,
though I've never had occasion to use either of them. You might want to
check out Buy.com to see what they have in this area.

N.

Old September 19th 04, 05:49 AM
Jer

Nostrobino wrote:

"zxcvar" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I've used mine that way only once. A friend was upgrading and the old
and new chassis used different type cards. I just click-dragged the
directory structure to the new one and viola! I don't remember what
brand of reader I have, it's USB 2.0 and all the markings are worn off.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
"All that we do is touched with ocean, yet we remain on the shore of
Old September 19th 04, 09:09 AM
Ron Hunter

zxcvar wrote:
Is there any converter available for converting Smartmedia cards to SD
Media card/CF media card?

Thanks

??
How would you do that? Can you convert a Ford Focus into a Rolls?
Old September 19th 04, 10:51 AM
Alfred Molon

Ron Hunter wrote:

How would you do that? Can you convert a Ford Focus into a Rolls?

You mean the SD card is the Ford Focus ?
--

Alfred Molon

Old September 19th 04, 03:15 PM
Ron Hunter

Alfred Molon wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

How would you do that? Can you convert a Ford Focus into a Rolls?

You mean the SD card is the Ford Focus ?

No, the SM card is the Ford Focus, or more like it, a '78 Fairlane.