search for setup floppy disk for Canon LBP4U printer

Old September 18th 04, 10:05 PM
microsysteene

Default search for setup floppy disk for Canon LBP4U printer

Hi,
My setup disk for my Canon LBP4U printer is no longer readable and i would
like to modify its inside parameters.
Does anybody could send me a copy of theese files
Many thanks in advance.

please remove sanspamfor

Old September 18th 04, 10:17 PM
Christopher Muto

the lbp4u driver is native (included) with windows xp home and professional.
the driver for windows 3.1 and 95 (which probbaly works with windows 98) is
available for download here...
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...lid=7964#windr
main support page for the printer is found here...
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...7964#downloads

Old September 18th 04, 10:44 PM
microsysteene

Many thanks christopher for your reply,
but i'm sorry because i don't look for a driver but i look for a setup
hardware of my printer and to configure this printer i need a floppy disk
called "setup utility" provided with the printer. unfortunately mine is
unreadable now :-(... and these files are not available for download. I
wrote an Email to Canon France and they said this files are no longer
available too...so the only way to find, i think, is to meet somebody who
have this kind of printer (lbp4 or lbp4u not lbp4i (its not the same)) and
agree to send me a copy of theese files.
Sorry for my bad english....
Many thanks.
Florent Rommelaere.
"Christopher Muto" a écrit dans le message de news:
SB13d.1651$4j1.430@trndny06...
the lbp4u driver is native (included) with windows xp home and

professional.
the driver for windows 3.1 and 95 (which probbaly works with windows 98)

is
available for download here...

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...Act&fcategoryi
d=333&modelid=7964#windr
main support page for the printer is found here...

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...ct&fcategoryid
=234&modelid=7964#downloads

Old September 19th 04, 04:59 PM
Christopher Muto

if this is a laser printer (which is what i think it is) then it is based on
the canon lx engine. that same engine is in the hewlett packard laserjet
iip, iip+, iiip. prehaps hp.com lists the software that you are looking for
on their site. or look on apple.com for the personal laserwriter (also based
on the lx engine).