Neopan400 in Rodinal 1:100?

Old August 30th 04, 03:30 AM
Donald Qualls

Frank Pittel wrote:

Donald Qualls wrote:
: Frank Pittel wrote:

: Some things were never any good, even during the seventies. Is there anyone
: that really likes bell bottoms?

: Actually, I rather enjoyed bell bottoms (at least the less radical
: ones). Okay, I was a teen in the 70s, so they suited me, but I had one
: pair I liked so much that when I got too tall for them (but not too big
: in the waist, because I was skinny until I got my driver's license) I
: let down the cuffs, and then let out the hems that had been inside the
: cuffs, and even dyed them in order to keep wearing them (for four or
: five years, if I recall correctly, from age 13 until at least 17, maybe 18).

Can I ask what it was that you saw in bell bottoms?? Although Iwore them like
everyone else I never understood what people saw in them. Then again I always
seem to go against the "style" of the time. That was true then and it's true
now.

In the day, I liked my pants tight from the waistband down to the knee,
and loose below -- just my preference, in the days when I didn't carry a
huge amount of stuff in my pockets. I can't wear 'em that way now, too
many keys, pocket knives, spare rolls of film, and change.

The bells were a bit of a problem on a 10-speed without chain guard; I
got into the habit of tucking the right one into my sock when I got on
my bike, which of course didn't add to my overall "coolness" or
popularity, but it did cut down on the grease stains and sprocket tooth
holes in my pants...

I keep meaning to subscribe to both Life and the National Geographic. I don't
know why I never get around to it.

I know why *I* don't -- have you seen the annual subscription price for NG??

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.

Old August 30th 04, 03:49 AM
john

"Donald Qualls" wrote in message

Actually, I rather enjoyed bell bottoms (at least the less radical ones).
[...]

They served the US Navy well, too.

Old August 30th 04, 03:51 AM
john

"Frank Pittel" wrote in message

Can I ask what it was that you saw in bell bottoms??

Hell, Frank, a person could strap an Uzi on each ankle and still be a
Hippie!

Old August 30th 04, 04:51 PM
Frank Pittel

john wrote:
: "Frank Pittel" wrote in message
: ...

: Can I ask what it was that you saw in bell bottoms??

: Hell, Frank, a person could strap an Uzi on each ankle and still be a
: Hippie!

:-)

-------------------

Old August 30th 04, 10:09 PM
jjs

john wrote:
: "Frank Pittel" wrote in message
: ...

: Can I ask what it was that you saw in bell bottoms??

: Hell, Frank, a person could strap an Uzi on each ankle and still be a
: Hippie!

:-)

I did military service from '64-70 with 36 months overseas and went home
pretty much a wreck to live in an 'Urban Zone' - ya know, all hippies and
third-worlders prentending to be bruthas and sistahs, but ripping each other
off all the time. Sure, I let my hair grow long. Why not. It all ended very
humourously one day when I came home to find a circle of unwelcome freaks in
my living room passsing reefer round and round. They smiled with those
half-closed-half-wit eyes and Da Man said, "Saaaay, Johnnie, take a hit,
Bruthah" I leaned over the circle to get the reefer, my 1911 45-auto fell
out of my shoulder holster right to the in the middle of the group in a
clatter of mennace, cocked and locked. End of party. Life around there was
all much better after that.

Old August 30th 04, 10:09 PM
jjs

john wrote:
[...]

Rodinal help for new user DG In The Darkroom 8 May 26th 04 11:26 AM
Rodinal Hektor Gonzal In The Darkroom 67 April 7th 04 03:32 PM
Rodinal Alparslan In The Darkroom 14 April 3rd 04 10:23 PM
Rodinal - studional piterengel In The Darkroom 1 March 19th 04 10:05 AM
Suggested development times for 400TX in Rodinal? jjs In The Darkroom 0 January 24th 04 02:13 AM