Timer for Unicolor motor base

Old January 30th 04, 01:38 AM
Jon

Default Timer for Unicolor motor base

I'd like to be able to plug my Unicolor motor into a timer. Can someone
recommend one? It would have to read in minutes and seconds and I would
prefer a digital readout. Some of the enlarger timers might work, but often
they only read in seconds.

Thanks,

Jon

Old January 30th 04, 02:32 AM
Nick Zentena

Jon wrote:
I'd like to be able to plug my Unicolor motor into a timer. Can someone
recommend one? It would have to read in minutes and seconds and I would
prefer a digital readout. Some of the enlarger timers might work, but often
they only read in seconds.

If you can live without digital go with the classic. Gralab 300.

Nick
Old January 30th 04, 06:43 AM
Jon

Jon wrote:
I'd like to be able to plug my Unicolor motor into a timer. Can someone
recommend one? It would have to read in minutes and seconds and I would
prefer a digital readout. Some of the enlarger timers might work, but often
they only read in seconds.

If you can live without digital go with the classic. Gralab 300.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Ok, I'll take a look. Does it have any audible alarm when the timer reaches
zero?

Jon

Old January 30th 04, 01:49 PM
Nick Zentena

Jon wrote:

Ok, I'll take a look. Does it have any audible alarm when the timer reaches
zero?

I'm sure it does but I have mine both turned off. If I remember right the
buzzer is so loud you might not want it on-))

http://www.dimco-gray.com/gralab/Cat..._300.asp?m=300

That's it. Been around a very long time so finding a used one shouldn't
be too hard.

Nick
Old January 30th 04, 04:56 PM
Mike King

Yeah my older "300" is so loud that I jump right out of my socks when it
goes off but the newer "300's" have a volume control. You could also rig
something to the safelight socket--off while the enlarger socket is on--on
and chiming, buzzing, etc. at the end of the timing cycle.

--
darkroommike

----------

Old January 30th 04, 09:47 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Mike King" wrote

Yeah my older "300" is so loud that I jump right out of my socks when it
goes off

I have the Time-O-Lite "ECZ" equivalent, and yes, the buzzer is great if you
need to hear it go off while mowing the lawn.

I use a Unicolor motor base with Jobo drums and plug the base into
the timer.

The base makes a grinding and whirring noise when it runs. When
the noise stops, then the time is over. Sort of a 'reverse buzzer
effect': I feel relief when the time is up rather than panic.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Old February 3rd 04, 03:33 PM
Jon

From: (Claudio Bonavolta)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.darkroom
Date: 30 Jan 2004 00:56:10 -0800
Subject: Timer for Unicolor motor base

Jon wrote in message
I'd like to be able to plug my Unicolor motor into a timer. Can someone
recommend one? It would have to read in minutes and seconds and I would
prefer a digital readout. Some of the enlarger timers might work, but often
they only read in seconds.

Thanks,

Jon

If you have a computer available, you may give a try to my darkroom software
(free):
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/labsoft.htm
The wet side helps you to monitor processing.

Thanks Claudio,

Have a Mac or Unix version?

Jon

Old February 3rd 04, 03:36 PM
Jon

Ok, I'll take a look. Does it have any audible alarm when the timer
reaches
zero?

I'm sure it does but I have mine both turned off. If I remember right the
buzzer is so loud you might not want it on-))

http://www.dimco-gray.com/gralab/Cat..._300.asp?m=300

That's it. Been around a very long time so finding a used one shouldn't
be too hard.

Thanks for the link, Nick. Just what I was looking for.

Jon

Old February 4th 04, 03:13 PM
Claudio Bonavolta

Jon wrote in message ...
If you have a computer available, you may give a try to my darkroom software
(free):
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/labsoft.htm
The wet side helps you to monitor processing.

Thanks Claudio,

Have a Mac or Unix version?

Jon

Sorry only Windows yet.

A Linux version may arrive one day but as I've still lots of
improvements to add to the current one, don't wait for it ...

Cheers,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch