Quiet DSLR?

Old March 1st 05, 02:47 PM
D200

Default Quiet DSLR?

"Ton Maas" wrote in message
greeny wrote:

I was out and about shooting 'candid' photos and got to thinking

about
the D70 I was using - why is it so noisy when taking a shot?
I understand when the lense motor kicks in that there is noise, but
taking the photo should be mostly electronic. It would be handy to

have
a quiet or silent camera in some situations - are there any DSLRs

out
there that people have which are like this?

I know the Oly E-1 is rather impopular here for various reasons, but

it
IS quiet. I don't have figures and measurements, but it is a hell of

lot quieter than the Pentax *istDS and quite a bit less noisy than

the
Nikon D2H. Both the Pentax and the Nikon also have a rather

"metallic"
sound, while that produced by the Oly is more "silky". A German

magazine
tester called it "the Leica of digital" in this respect.

Ton

The Leica of digital, why is Olympus bankrupt too?