[Meta] POLL: Who here would support a moderated version of rec.photo.digital?

Old June 25th 04, 09:47 AM
Richard Cockburn

Default [Meta] POLL: Who here would support a moderated version of rec.photo.digital?

Lionel wrote in
:

Kibo informs me that Richard Cockburn
stated that:

Lionel wrote in
m:

Part of the proposal is a mechanism to 'echo' the posts between the
moderated & unmoderated groups, in order to prevent the usual
'chicken & egg' problem with moderated versions of existing groups.

That's the only part that I am not so sure about, Lionel. Can you
ensure that the continuity would be seamless?

As long as I don't screw up any of the scripting, sure. I won't be
rolling out a mod-bot until it's been bug-checked by experts, & has
been tested thoroughly.

Wouldn't the (legitimate) posts into
RPD also need to be xposted into RPDM too?

Yes, I think that's the way it should work.

But then what would be the point
of filtering.

The RPD posts would be fed to RPDM via the mod-bot, to filter out the
junk.

I can guess that different newsreaders might have a problem
handling that in some scenarios.

No, it would be totally transparent to every standards-compliant
newsreader. I'm pretty sure that even the weirder newsreaders should
be fine with the scheme as well.

Don't get me wrong. I want this to work.

Not a problem Richard. It's important for people to ask those sorts of
questions. Thanks for participating.

Thank you for articulating. Please change my vote to A: "in favor, as
proposed".

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 25th 04, 09:59 AM
Lionel

Kibo informs me that Richard Cockburn
stated that:

Thank you for articulating.

My pleasure.

Please change my vote to A: "in favor, as
proposed".

Noted as "In favour, as proposed". Thanks Richard.

Old June 25th 04, 10:04 AM
Richard Cockburn

Lionel wrote in
:

Kibo informs me that Richard Cockburn
stated that:

Thank you for articulating.

My pleasure.

Please change my vote to A: "in favor, as
proposed".

Noted as "In favour, as proposed". Thanks Richard.

Hey now Lionel, it's "favor". Remember, Steve (oops, I mean "Orville")
proclaimed that Brit English is dead. ;-) J/K