Aperture issue

Old January 29th 05, 10:09 PM

Even though my lingo and terminology was completely off you understood %100
what I was trying to say and even answered it completely. Thank you very
much!

"cc0112453" wrote in message
First lets agree on terminology. When you say "highest level" I must

assume
that you mean that the aperture is wide open? A wide open aperture would

be
represented by a number such as F2.8. As the aperture becomes smaller the
number becomes larger. The smallest aperture being something like F22.
Your assumption was correct, the "highest level" gives you the least depth
of field. It would be more properly stated "the widest aperture gives you
the least depth of field".

wrote in message
If I were to manually set my aperture to it's highest level, that would
give
me the least depth correct? Which also means that if I'm taking a

picture
of
some thing fairly close everything behind it would be blurry? I'm

assuming
this is what it does.

I want to take a picture of some thing pretty close, but have the entire
background very blurry. I would imagine setting my aperture level to a
very
high level to get this effect. Am I right to be thinking like that?