Portrait of the average American voter...

Old November 10th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Portrait of the average American voter...

Joseph Kewfi wrote:
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft
from those who hunger and are not fed, those who
are cold and are not clothed. "

It's hard to imagine -- a Republican president said that.

It's fu*king unbelievable considering the present climate Republicans have
created.
It does demonstrate a massive erosion of the values of earlier Republicans
in comparison to the current crop.

I think what it clearly shows, is that active participation in a real
war gives you very different perspective. It's too bad Mr. Bush never
served... never had that perspective... maybe we wouldn't be in this
mess now.

Old November 10th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...

Not true. Joe Biden has a plan. Harold Ford has a plan. Murtha has a
plan.
Bush's problem is that he listens to nobody but Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz,
and Cheney.

I'm not sure that's true, Brett.

He listens to God. And all those other voices in his head.

Of course, I'm never sure if he's really a smarmy, ignorant
fratboy, or just playing the part.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old November 10th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rafe b

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

In other words... They had no plan.
If they had an alternative plan, we'd have heard it.

Maybe if you got your news & views from someone
other than Brit Hume or someplace other than Fox,
you'd have a clue.

Here's Murtha's plan, or at least the first version
I found after five minutes with Google. This one's
dated 4/17/06.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press.../pr060407.html

Here's a shorter and earlier version, dated 11/17/05:

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press...51117iraq.html

And hey, Murtha more or less answers your rhetorical
question on "why Dems don't offer their plans." Because
if a plan is given, and happens to disagree with Dear Leader's
plan, the person offering the plan is swiftboated, labeled a
traitor or "defeatocrat," and dismissed as a terrorist sympathiser.
IOW: The deck is stacked.

The Republican slime machine is poised to dump its
filth and bile on anyone who disagrees with Dear Leader.

It takes cojones to speak to power, and Murtha's got
what it takes.

By contrast, Dubya and Cheney are cowards and draft
dodgers. I think "chickenhawk" is the proper term.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old November 10th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Raphael Bustin" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:14:43 -0800, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:

Bush makes no bones about the fact that he relies heavily on those around
him.
Certainly there are liars in Washington, and in both parties. I'm not
convinced GWB is one of them...though he may well have become the
mouthpiece
of some.

Bull****. The only truth in the above is that
Dubya is a mouthpiece for the evil dirtbags
with which he's surrounded himself -- Cheney,
Rumsfeld and Rove, for starters.

Dubya's only defense is that he's delusional.

Cheney and Rummy fixed the intelligence around
a policy that they'd published years before 9/11.

It's called "Project For a New American Century."
It's public info. It's the neocon workbook. Look it up.

Cheney's aide (Libby) was indicted. Do you not
recall that whole scandal? Do the names Joe
Wilson and Valerie Plame ring a bell?

Rove escaped indictment by the skin of his teeth.

Open your eyes and get a grip, Mark.

Yes, Mark.....Open your eyes to the fact that to some democrats, there is
nothing any republican president can do to prevent them from a kind of blind
hatred that is all-consuming, and totally impossible to stem. No republican
can ever do anything right to these people, and every mistake they make
becomes an evil lie, made intentionally for only the wrong reasons.
Trying to reason with people like this is a complete waste of time.

Old November 10th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

rafe b wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message

In other words... They had no plan.
If they had an alternative plan, we'd have heard it.

Maybe if you got your news & views from someone
other than Brit Hume or someplace other than Fox,
you'd have a clue.

Here's Murtha's plan, or at least the first version
I found after five minutes with Google. This one's
dated 4/17/06.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press.../pr060407.html

Ah! I see why he hasn't spoken up about his "plan" more clearly.

Step #1 of his "plan":
Leave Iraq, and be ready to respond from outside of Iraq!!

What a joke.

Step #2:
Spend the money we would have spent on Iraq on other stuff.

Ah! So never mind earlier gripes about spending too much, or growing
governemt...we'll still spend the money...

Step #3:
Reengage by withdrawing from Iraq (?????)

Truly revealing that you see this as a legitimate "plan."

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Walter Banks" wrote in message

William Graham wrote:

You can fear the gays, flag-burners, and uppity women, but I am only
worried
about the terrorists.....After all, 9-11 really did happen, you
know........

What was the Republican response to 9-11.

1) They let the leader of the attack get away
2) They let the terrorists define the US as a terrorist nation (Your
enemy will define you)
3) The US started restricting the very freedoms that they were promoting
4) Failed to secure the US border in any meaningful way
5) Refused systematically inspect international commerce
6) Attacked a country that had little or nothing to do with 9-11 for a
whole series of public reasons most of which have not withstood the test
of truth. The widespread death and destruction in Iraq has refocused the
world away from the wrongs and
horrors of 9-11. Few people outside the US understand the emotion of 9-11
to Americans, few outside the US can understand why the US is so pained by
9-11 and fail to understand effects of senseless violence in the rest of
the world.
7) Paid for the war from a social security fund and provided tax relief to
a small percentage of the population so the real costs will be determined
and faced long after the current administration have retired
8) Inflated the dollar making the euro the dominate world currency after
about a decade of use
9) The currency value is tied to a DOW average of about 12000 but has seen
real devaluation by about a third
10) Corporate wholesale sold assets including IP to raise capital
(Equivalent of eating the seed grain on a farm)
11) To keep prices low nationally stopped research and development.
12) Left the country addicted to oil with no plan to replace it when the
well runs dry and waiting while the EU is developing and patenting the
solutions to the energy supply problems later 21st century
13) Deny a cause and effect relationship over global warming.

On these issues it is unlikely the Democrats would do worse. I don't
belong to any political party. From the outside looking in its a mess that
needs fixing.

Yes....It's very easy to throw stones from outside the house.....You too,
would be a good candidate for my, "Monday Morning Quarterbacking Club." I
wonder how much MMQB-ing you will do after the next Democratic
administration is in progress.......

Old November 10th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

number wrote:

[...]

Apparently so.

I frankly posted my little gorilla picture in good fun.
I'll let them duke it out from here...
By the way... How about that portrait?

-Not bad, considering I shot it THROUGH 2-inch thick, scratched glass.

Mark

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Walter Banks wrote:
William Graham wrote:

[...]

And the Democrat's PLAN offered as alternative was....... what again??

We're about to find that out....Now that these geniuses are back in control,
everything should shape up OK........I am waiting with baited breath for
Nancy Palosi's plan.........:^)

Old November 10th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Walter Banks wrote:
William Graham wrote:

[...]

I'm actually relieved that the senate fell too.
Why?
Because in two years, when nothing has immproved...the Dems won't be able to
whine that "if only we had BOTH...boy THEN you'd see how great we are!"

OK. You've got both.
Time to put up all that you haven't shut up about for so long.
This should be interesting.
Same with Rumsfeld.
OK. He's out. What now, Dems?
Oops.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 10th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

t...

And the Democrat's PLAN offered as alternative was....... what again??

Before 11/7/2006 there was no point in the Dems offering a
plan. And besides, nobody asked their opinion. The majority
party spared no effort to shut them out of the decision-
making process, at every juncture and at every level.

How convenient....And they never made any speeches on the floor of congress
either? My goodness, how could the republicans keep so many politicians
quiet? And all those talk show guest appearances.....Why did they keep their
brilliant strategies from us then too? Well, now they are free to give us
their insights. I am eagerly waiting for all the terrorists to suddenly go
away......