Smokers, again. Or should I say, LOSERS!

Old August 23rd 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David[_15_]

Default Smokers, again. Or should I say, LOSERS!

"John A." wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:04:50 -0500, Allen

wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:
On 10-08-19 16:30 , Ted Banks wrote:

Breathing city-air is equivalent to smoking 2 packs of
cigarettes a day.

Myth.

I would think it would vary hugely from city to city.
Actually, worse
than myth--just more game-playing by people with no
knowledge of
statistics--or perhaps with an ax to grind.
Allen

News flash!

Study: Eating Ice Cream Causes Boating Accidents.

A research group at a California university has found a
shocking relationship between the sales of Ice Cream and
boating accidents. The study included ten coastal states
in the eastern, southern, and western United States. The
results show that as the sales of Ice Cream increased, the
number of boating accidents went up in almost a direct
proportion. One researcher was quoted as saying "The
correlation is higher than anything I have ever seen in my
research." He went on to further say "I would avoid eating
Ice Cream for at least 24 hours before piloting a boat and
to definitely not take any on board."

David

More breaking News!

University Gets Government Research Grant

In a story last month a California research study revealed a
shocking linkage between eating ice cream and boating
accidents. The government has been alarmed by this study and
issued a grant to the University to extend the study to
other countries. They want to determine if this is a global
problem or confined to the U.S.A. If the study shows less
correlation in other countries, they will get an additional
grant to determine which ingredients are different between
those used here to make ice cream those used abroad. If the
study indicates the problem exists everywhere they will
appoint a committee to determine the next action.

David

Old August 23rd 10, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

On 22/08/2010 23:39, David wrote:
A research group at a California university has found a shocking
relationship between the sales of Ice Cream and boating accidents.

Not speaking of the infamous relationship between the diminishing
numbers of pirates and global warming.

--
Bertrand
Old August 23rd 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 8/22/10 PDT 5:53 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
On 22/08/2010 23:39, David wrote:
A research group at a California university has found a shocking
relationship between the sales of Ice Cream and boating accidents.

Not speaking of the infamous relationship between the diminishing
numbers of pirates and global warming.

Er, I thought the number of (active) pirates had increased markedly over
the past ten years.... otoh, we've had the coldest Summer in eons in the
SF Bay Area of Cal.

--
john mcwilliams
Old August 24th 10, 07:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
SneakyP[_3_]

Default Trolls and Role-Playing Pretend Photographers, proof that the uneducated and stupid can't get enough attention.

Rich wrote in
:

Kyle Abhams wrote in
:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:17:15 -0700 (PDT), Rich
wrote:

Troll much?

snip P&S Sybil Troll

Socking it up again? Poor Sybil Troll.

--
__
SneakyP

Supernews, if you get a complaint from a Jamie Baillie, please see:
http://www.canadianisp.ca/jamie_baillie.html