Photographing children

Old April 3rd 05, 09:08 PM
Ken Tough

Ron Hunter wrote:

While the terminology has changed, so has the way it seems to be done,
lately. Most burglars just sneak in, take what they want when they are
pretty sure you aren't home, and leave, quietly. 'Home invasion'
criminals break in HOPING to find someone home to intimidate, torture,
abuse, rape, and maybe kill, THEN they steal what they want.

Here, they just call that a regular break-in.

--
Ken Tough
South Africa

Old April 3rd 05, 09:09 PM
Ken Tough

Ron Hunter wrote:

Who helped to pull your limey asses out of the crack twice in the
previous century. Looks like those 'ne'er do wells' did QUITE well.

Well Blair heavily covered Bush's ass this time around (the whole
"coalition" thing) so the godfather is even.

--
Ken Tough
Old April 3rd 05, 10:15 PM
MarkČ

"Ken Tough" wrote in message
Ron Hunter wrote:

Who helped to pull your limey asses out of the crack twice in the
previous century. Looks like those 'ne'er do wells' did QUITE well.

Well Blair heavily covered Bush's ass this time around (the whole
"coalition" thing) so the godfather is even.

Blair covered Bush's ass with what?
With lives?
--Or with words?

Mostly words.

We do appreciate his words of support and the political risks he personally
took.
We also appreciate those British soldiers who serve and risk their lives
along side those from the US.
But...before we draw tit-for-tat comparisons, I think it deserves a
consideration that is in reasonable proportion.
There is really little/no comparison between the two wars in terms of
sacrifice and toll as assisting allies.
That is not to say that it should have been similarly proportioned, either.
I just think we should be slower to equate the two acts of assistance.
They are extremely dissimilar in terms of sacrifice and service.

Old April 4th 05, 02:03 AM
retoohs

You can do the Google search if you want for Queensland Australia about
the recent new laws about photographing children in public places and as
for the guy arrested, he was a friend of my brother who lives over there
and I'm sure wouldn't appreciate his name etc. being posted as a reference.

Alan

MarkČ wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

MarkČ wrote:

"retoohs" wrote in message
. ..

There was a guy recently in Queensland (Aust) that was arrested for
photographing his own child at a park on a swing. The charges were
dropped but how pathetic is that

Alan

Where are all these stories coming from, and why should we believe them?
I know that people are more paranoid than they should be (I've complained
about this problem too), but these stories about illegalities, etc. are
sounding more and more unbelievable, and so far...unsubstantiated.

I am tending to think that many of the examples in this thread are the
equivalent of "news vaporware."

Any references?

Thanks.

Which ones?

None of the posts in this thread (regarding laws "here" or there as stated)
came with any indication of verification.

Old April 4th 05, 03:27 AM
MarkČ

"retoohs" wrote in message
You can do the Google search if you want for Queensland Australia about
the recent new laws about photographing children in public places and as
for the guy arrested, he was a friend of my brother who lives over there
and I'm sure wouldn't appreciate his name etc. being posted as a
reference.

Alan

I'm not saying it didn't happen...but these stories always seem to be based
on a "friend of so-and-so..."

I'll do a quick search.
My predection: Nada.

I'll be happy to admit that my prediction was wrong if shown otherwise.

MarkČ wrote:
"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

MarkČ wrote:

.. .