Framing of matte canvas paper

Old August 19th 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Preben Holm

Default Framing of matte canvas paper

Hi

Any suggestions on how to mount the HP Artist Matte Canvas paper into a
frame! (or other Canvas paper - I guess it's the same).

What would you do?

I think glass in front of the photo isn't a good choice. Do you have any
suggestions?

What meterials should be used? Any examples of frames?

Best regards
Preben Holm
Old August 20th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Preben Holm

If this is a heavy textured paper I'd mount it with a mat under glass,
frame of your choice. If it is a true canvas then it should be
stretched on wooden canvas stretchers. Then put in a canvas frame,
your choice of material, no glass.

I thinks it's true canvas - it says that it's stretchable. What will
happen with the photo, when the canvas is stretched?
I have to print before strecthing the paper, so this might destroy the
contents?

Canvas should be sprayed with a fixative especially if it is not
behind glass, I like BullDog (Triangle) sprays. If you want paper to
look like canvas and mounted without glass and use a fixative spray. I
couple of months ago I saw a show of a photographer who used a heavily
textured art paper behind glass and the texture was still very
evident. So you don't loose a lot with glass.

Did you notice whether it was an antiglare surface on the glass! It's
harder to get - and more expensive!

Best regards,

Preben Holm