Image Sensor Sizes Kodak Esasyshare DX7630 Zoom Digital Camera

Old August 19th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

Default Image Sensor Sizes Kodak Esasyshare DX7630 Zoom Digital Camera

Andrea wrote:
I have a DX7630 Zoom Digital Camera ,CCD 1/1.8 in. (7.20 x 5.35 mm)
CCD, 4:3 aspect ratio
I need to know the exact size of the CCD image area (not the CCD
silicon substrate size ) where can I find it?
Many Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea, DP Review thought that the sensor was the Sharp RJ21T3AAPT/ST CCD

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03...harpsixmeg.asp

Usually, the size quoted is the active sensor area. See if Sharp have a
specification sheet - I couldn't find one with a quick scan.

Cheers,
David

Old August 20th 08, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

Andrea wrote:
On 19 Ago, 14:03, "David J Taylor" -
this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk wrote:
Andrea wrote:
I have a DX7630 Zoom Digital Camera ,CCD 1/1.8 in. (7.20 x 5.35 mm)
CCD, 4:3 aspect ratio
I need to know the exact size of the CCD image area (not the CCD
silicon substrate size ) where can I find it?
Many Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea, DP Review thought that the sensor was the Sharp
RJ21T3AAPT/ST CCD

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/03...harpsixmeg.asp

Usually, the size quoted is the active sensor area. See if Sharp
have a specification sheet - I couldn't find one with a quick scan.

Cheers,
David

thank you David,
I asked this because I found in another post , (
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...095e474c2be263
)
that CCD silicon substrate size indicated on technical specifications
has no dimension equal to Image Sensor Sizes and I would need those
dimension.
I're saying that for this sensor the ccd silicon substrate size is
equal to CCD image area ?
I ask confirmation, because I speak a poor English

There are two things he

1 - Typically the sensor has a few pixels at the edges of the active
region which are masked from the light, and are used for dark-current
measurement. This is why you will sometimes see a camera described as
having a different number of "effective pixels". For example:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...c_dmcfx150.asp

says: photo-detectors 15 million, effective pixels 14.7 million. The
resolution of that camera is given as 4416 x 3312 pixels, so 14.62 million
pixels.

2 - What the post you quoted is commenting on is that the size of the
sensor as typically quoted (1/2.5 inch), is the approximate diagonal size
of the total sensor package (so 0.4 inches or 10.16mm in this case),
whereas the active silicon area is typically 4.29 x 5.76mm, at least
according to DP Review:

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/key=sensor%20sizes

Cheers,
David