Which ink runs out faster

Old August 18th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Craig

Default Which ink runs out faster

I have been using Canon i9900 ink jet printer with 8 ink cartridges.
It seems to me that it uses PhotoMagenta ink faster than any others.
I might be wrong on that but how about your ink printer? Jack

Old August 18th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 05:12:09 -0700 (PDT), tomm42
wrote:

On Aug 17, 10:00 pm, "Craig" wrote:
I have been using Canon i9900 ink jet printer with 8 ink cartridges.
It seems to me that it uses PhotoMagenta ink faster than any others.
I might be wrong on that but how about your ink printer? Jack

Light (photo) colors always run out faster than the other colors,
magenta, cyan of gray, depends what you print. While I was commercial
printing, I would figure 1.5 to 2 light color carts to regular color.

I have no idea which colors run out the fastest in my Epson printer,
but I do know that the warning pop-up is not to be believed. When the
pop-up tells me that I am almost out of a color, and to order a
replacement cartridge, I know that I can print an additional few dozen
or more prints without a problem.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 19th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Olin K. McDaniel[_2_]

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:55:11 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Aug 17, 9:00=A0pm, "Craig" wrote:
I have been using Canon i9900 ink jet printer with 8 ink cartridges.
It seems to me that it uses PhotoMagenta ink faster than any others.
I might be wrong on that but how about your ink printer? =A0 Jack

Canon made the dam tanks so small that you will find you always need a
new cartrige and PM is what I also use alot of. Cost of printing is
alot more I believe than my 2 tank HP printer. Its like the canon
system just does not have real ink capacity, im always running out of
one or more tanks.

I'm still using a several year old Canon i950 with six color
cartridges. The manual for it clearly states that the yellow will go
fastest, then the photo-magenta and photo-cyan will go next fastest.
My experience over the years certainly confirms that, and I've been
refilling them the entire time. (Even replaced the print head once,
also.)
To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
Old August 19th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

wrote:

[...]

Have you been refilling, or replacing the cartridges.
My Pixma ip6600d has a chip on the cartridges, have used
the genuine Canon CLI-8 for replacements, but there are
others on offer for less money that have been re-set.
Old August 19th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GregS[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I don't care. I use IP6000 cartriges under $2 ea for 4 printers I have.
All older printers mind you. I made sure I bought printers that used
these cartriges. Also used to have an all in one unit that used the
same cartriges.

greg
Old August 19th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Olin K. McDaniel[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

As I said the i950 is several years old, and it was made before Canon
got the "chippy fever" (pronounced slightly differently in my
vernacular, BTW). So I can and have been refilling the entire time,
using MIS inks exclusively. I average about 8 refills before having
to replace the cartridge with a new one.

Old August 19th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I have a Canon ip6700, which I like very much as I don't ant to make any
prints larger than 8.5X11. I use almost three PM cartridges for each
yellow. PM requires replacement much more often than any other color,
and yellow is at the bottom, by a large amount.
Allen

possibility for -faster- digital ? stuseven Digital Photography 15 May 13th 07 10:32 AM
Point & Shoot that runs on AAs? Phil Stripling Digital Photography 33 January 15th 06 08:03 AM
f1.8 or faster Jay Digital Photography 1 January 9th 06 03:41 AM
Why are DSLRs faster? Charlie Digital Photography 38 February 28th 05 11:14 PM
10D still faster fs Digital Photography 18 August 16th 04 06:28 PM